LIGHTEN up a tad on the pubbers

Fatty

Mmmmm spam.

spam.jpg

there's so much spam no one even noticed the guy saying lame. plus someone else beside's the camper got booted at the same time. I try to play in our server but it's so hard...

Console: Spamming for hours will get you booted !

That's beside being yelled at by console to plant the bomb with 2 minute's left in the round...

*prays*

Edited by All Kill3r

That was spam^

But if you don't do it 2-3 times then people will say that they didn't see it or whatever. Trust me, I've tried it once and it doesn't work. What I do now is warning three times and general rule statement once whenever I think of it (about once every round or every few rounds and after every warning. Sometimes this becomes excessive when multiple people violate the rules at the same time but thats the price we pay for trying to warn them.

as for the team stacking, what I've done lately when I feel the teams are stacked is to go spec or log (this seems to happen alot on dust btw). the other thing I've been doing or trying to do is change the map when one team gets 10 points so as to hopefully aleviate the stacked teams problems, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't but its usually better than doing nothing.

I really think we should consider putting in a score cap of 10 on the server, its no fun to have t's or ct's go 10-0 and know you have almost no hope of comming back.

I'm also wondering if we could maybe decrease the amount of time it takes for the autoteam fix to work, right now it seems like it takes two rounds to even notice there is a huge team difference.

GC Founder

Don't use the console messages more than once. Just do them once in a while too. Mk5 you're adding too many directions to the conversation at once. It'll never be perfect.

Here we're talking about admins speaking in a positive nature, and not spamming.

I'm going to draw up, with everyone's help, an agreement for admins that encompasses all these things and where we want to go. Once that's done, rcon will be changed and then I'll redistribute it to those that agree to the terms.

GC Founder

As for the above:

We need to change from the threat to a positive post. It's easy.

Replace: Camping in tower with bomb will get you booted.

with: Please play toward your objective. Bombsites need bombed eventually.

If it continues, kick the person. Don't make a big hoopla out of it. Kick them, then explain that you asked them not to camp with the bomb.

That's all. It's so very simple.

Instead of all the complaining. How bout some of you start playing more and really get a feel for how it is. Get down off your high horse and get in there.

I try to be nice and yeah maybe I do spam a bit. But, I'm getting tired of defending myself while trying to play and have fun. When I boot/ban then people think I'm being a nazi. When I spam a message about swearing etc... then peeps complain about that. Either way I feel like I'm babysitting in the server and then here with all the new gc members that complain about the way things are handled. Everyone wants a clean server but to few want to do the dirty work required to get it there.

I just don't like this "Holier Than Thou Attitude" that's coming across from some of you.

And No, this is not directed at you Fatty. And No, I'm not taking this personal. Just stating a point of view.

:hug:

GC Founder

This has nothing to do with "new gc" complaining about things....

There's an issue with the atmosphere and it's being addressed.

If you're not doing anything wrong, don't feel a need to defend yourself, or be reactionary.

You do a fine job, Lunk. The kids don't mind you being bossy with them because you use small words that they can understand.

Just don't flame back, what we don't need is tude tossed around anywhere.

Don't mean to bring attitude in here on this.

I just have a hard time with people who don't put the time in, coming in here complaining about how things get done. If they want to voice an opinion then they should do the homework that goes with it. That's all I'm sayin.

GC Founder

Understood, I kinda said the same thing to AK and I think he knew what I meant.

Thing is, if we don't somehow find our way to the positive with each other here, as the leaders of this organization...well, then what's the point of it all? All of this will make us better.

I agree that at the moment we are overwhelming at this current timeframe. Yes, the con is spammed evey five seconds. Mostly because someone voilates a rule every five seconds lol.

Its been bad as of late due to the influx of new peeps from HL2 but it will settle and we will find the correct ballance of good will and discipline.

I do agree with Lunk in that I love to play CS cause I love to play CS and if we spend enough time playing (sometimes a little as a few minutes), the babysitting begins and it wears and tears.

I've been trying to do my part by adding plz and thankyous after my warnings and its been recieved well, and its been taking advantage of and hence they get the bad end of the ban-stick.

I think I may have a productive menthod that may work well for most situations and be minimum effort and hastle. Keep in mind I have the stock settings when it comes to the #of chat lines.

You see a little oops in chat, then you span the con with blank lines until you cant see the oops anymore then put up 1 line of rules. 2nd offense...bye bye. It still should have the visibility as before and be less anoying than half a screen of con spam.

This doesn't solve the problem of ignorant peeps (as in they don' know the rules). and it also doesn't help the our ever shortening patience. We are doing the best we can.

Oh and as for camping and bomb issues...I wouldn't worry about it. There is 3:00 minutes to the round, we should let peeps spend it how they choose, its only to their detriment anyway :)

Lunk, please don't attack me with the get off your high horse stuff. I brought this up because i can't put the time in the server, the admins drive me out. Every time i logged in crazy admining was obvious within minutes.

do i need to bring out the screens of you avoiding the filter in 1.6 to show that ppl are being banned without warning for things that you do? How bout some random guy in our server joking around with you and you replying "How about you let me run the server, K THNX"

Oh and im not new, i've been here for 3 years.

peace.

ps, i won't be around a whole lot till mid week. Having some major issue's with my PC.

Edited by All Kill3r

GC Founder

AK, actually, your first post was an initial attack. It's not the first time you've thrown your darts. The frustrating thing is everytime you come to throw darts, we can't resort back to your good example of how to admin a server correctly. That's when you frustrate Lunk, myself, and others.

Maybe you should make sure to post up when you're happy with things, because if it's all negative (when on the topic of admining) then it gets old fast.

We all have some issues to work on as far as admining the server. The points you've brought up are definitely good ones. However, you could be more graceful. Lunk also doesn't need to defend himself so readily either....

Anyways, it's probably best to let this topic die unless you have something constructive to say. Otherwise, admins report to the administration office for some brainstorming.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

If you do not occasionally spam the warnings, people complain they did not know or did not see the message. Also when you want to enjoy yourself for 30 mins and spend 22 of it babysitting, it really ruins the fun. Unless you admin it yourself, it is hard to understand it from our end. It can be frustrating at times.

To add to this though, I haven't been spamming lately. The atmosphere has been improving a lot and I haven't had to kick or ban anyone in a while. Only on rare occasions now. So I am seeing an overall improvement.

Edited by zerodamage .gc