Trouble with STEAM

Lunk

I finished downloading this morning.

I went to pick my daughter up from school. During that time we had a storm move thru and we lost power for a few minutes. Needless to say my pc was on while I was gone. So, I had to restart it when I got back and now I can't get connected to STEAM.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Seems to be a STEAM problem. No status as to what is going on yet.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

This is absolutely tinkleing me off and it is this crap that makes valve look so bad. No option to even play HL2 withotu steam. PATHETIC!!!!!

Guest BaronFel
Guest BaronFel
Guest BaronFel
Guests

I can't either...says its either my internet or steam and steam is online so....i cant play reg cs now either :(:boo:

I knew I should've stayed up till 2am to unlock hl. ARg you can play offline if already unlocked

To play if you've unlocked already...

Right click on Half-Life 2 in my games list and "create desktop shortcut"

Disable your Local Area Connection (or unplug your modem)

Close STEAM

Double click the new Half-Life 2 icon on your desktop

STEAM will load and try to authenticate, but obviously won't be able to, then will ask you if you want to start in offline mode. Do so.

The game should start just fine ASSUMING you have already unlocked your HL2 files. Let me know if that works :rolling:

When i first logged on about 5:00, it was about 3 minutes before it logged on, but since then its been fine. CS:S played normal.

It did say something about unlocking game files or something, but i did'nt get HL2 yet(waitin for mail ), are there any cs:s files that get unlocked since HL2 release?