NBA Brawl

spiralstairs

personally, i believe artest, jackson, and o'neal all should be kicked out of the league for this act. they should definately make an example out of these idiots.

i think this was an example of what you get when you allow "teenagers" aka high school basketball stars enter the NBA. jermaine o'neal, i know for sure, came out of high school, into the NBA (i dont know about the others.) these players arent mature enough to handle the responsibilty of an athlete.

funny thing is, I saw Charles Barkley and another NBA announcer defending them, saying it was the fans fault for throwing the cup at Artest, that was his breaking point they say.

Some are saying 10-20 game suspension.

That is way too lenient for this kinda stuff. Though the fans definitely didnt help matters.

did you see them interview the fan...

he said he didnt do ANYTHING to provoke ron artest, when clearly he puts his fists up and says something to him..

but still ron artest cant do that crap, its ridiculous

i absoulty think that artest and company should of been able to control themselves...but to say the fans were not at fault is crazy...i hope the fans that were beaten down go to jail/get sued...especially the fan that threw the chair and the one that provoked artest at first

lol pacers just lost their entire team

lol pacers have zero shot now....i doubt they even make the playoffs

anyone hear about the game where they only had 6 players...that would be a very tired squad

i hate artest (what the hell...lets ask for time off to promote rap album) and am glad to see him gone

Biggest angle to this story:

it's not that the benches cleared, that seems like a given. but the benches didn't clear entirely. one player sat the bench during the whole damn thing: Tayshaun Prince!

I like this dude even more now. Hes got icewater runnin through his veins.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Next on foxnews they will be talking about this and keep showing clips of it if you are interested. You will have to read this as soon as I post it though.

I was right above... lawsuits are being filed.

I gotta say I think the lawsuits need to be tossed out. They have video clearly showing the guy throwing a cup at Artest. Then the other guy runs on the court and taunts the other pacers player. This goes back to the school fight issue we discussed in the PA. You want to taunt and throw stuff then be ready to back it up physically.

As to the players - I do think they should be suspended for the time awarded by the NBA.

Biggest angle to this story:

it's not that the benches cleared, that seems like a given. but the benches didn't clear entirely. one player sat the bench during the whole damn thing: Tayshaun Prince!

I like this dude even more now.  Hes got icewater runnin through his veins.

that is pretty cool.

I have always liked Prince and his play ability...now maybe he is proving he's more adult than most of these other players his age.

• 4 weeks later...