Questions

Excellent news, man!!! I am proud of you...All things are possible!

I'm thinking back to being in your shoes and the one thing that helped me out at the local church was an ABF (Adult Bible Fellowship). There are many,many ABFs because each ABF focuses on only one subject.

Well...it just so happens that they have an ABF for people who just experienced 'the thirst' but don't know where to go or what to do other than to read.

It really helped to know that there were 5 other people who had the same hesitancies, same fear of being called on to answer something, same fear of talking about their experiences and feelings.

When I walked in the first night, the counselor said I could get up and walk out the minute I felt uncomfortable and I could come back in 5 minutes,or 5 days. No pressure.

Check around--there are many,many people with the same hesitancies as you. An evening ABF is a nice place to start.

God Bless you AK,

I think about you often...heh,heh another break-up line...

Duke

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, thanks for opening me up. It's been a long while (couple years) but i have faith and do good in my life. I don't attend church very regulary but im solid in my beliefs now. I grew up rough, bad crowds, went to college joined a frat, drunk 24/7 using drugs, you get the idea. Changing is hard and takes a long time, but it can be done ! I'm still alive and healthy after all this time, which trust me is a miracle in itself. Some of the stuff i used to do i look back now and don't even know what to think. Things now are good, clean, safer then before. Generally good.

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys :) Things got rough for me for a while and we made it through. I'm not perfect by any means but i know that's ok now, i do my best and do a little better over time. God is good.

For some people they can never understand where someone like me is coming from. Grow up with nothing but bad around you and you become a product of your environment. It's hard to know what's right, let alone be the guy that does right when everyone else is doing wrong.

cheers

HOW DID I JUST FIND THIS!?!?!?

Welcome brother! This is awesome. Some day say 80 years from now I'll be up in Heaven, meeting random people, and, oh look, there's All Kill3r from GC forums! :D :D :D

This is VERY exciting indeed! And you're not perfect, like you said, but heck I know my own heart and how dark it is. But the awesome thing is, God doesnt call people who dont need Him, only those who do! :D Welcome welcome welcome!!!!!

Well, you're 1/2 way to heaven anyway. To get all the way there you have to join GC and play UT 2k4 with the rest of us "real" Christians... ;)

I was thinking about you last week Killer when I saw you post yesterday. How odd.

It's great to hear that you're doing well in life and with God.

I still get goosebumps reading your first post in this topic. It brings me back to those days when you and I didn't always get along so well.

I honestly envy you that you had something so profound happen to your life that made you want to change. Growing up around Christians and inundated with God all the time I sometimes feel...less than inspired and I hate that.

You planning on coming to FF this year?

Nah i won't make it this year, i had totally forgot about the GC and it's too late for me now. I'd love to come back to the next one though, i had a blast a few years ago at FragFest !

It's weird how things happen in life sometimes. All that matters is they happen ! I'm glad i made that post a few years ago, it's hard to tell where i would be if i hadn't. It was the start of something great, a clean slate.

When i get some time maybe later tonight or tommorow i'm so installing Counter Strike ! I don't know how i could have forgotten that game....