Thinking of moving to low pop server

Brillow_Head

Illidan is nutz, 1000+ some days in que...that is horrible. I'm thinking of making a normal character in a Mountain server like Bloodlust or something along those lines...low pop, no que. I'll betting alot of people on those full servers are like "OTHER people will move to diff servers but I'm starying here and waiting it out.

News flash, that servers gonna have ques for a long time IMO. I'd love to see VI move to a low pop server so we can all get on and not have to never log out to get back in...lol.

Not that I have a ton of time to play anyway :P See you guys server side maybe sunday!

Mk5

I'm in the process of scouting a new prospective server, looking at pvp and alliance.

I got a stable ping on eredar east (alliance), gonna try it out tonight...login gc teamspeak if your interested.

Edited by Mk5

I am official moving VI to Whisperwind PvE server. I myself and friends IRL are playing there along with Hailfire. Sorry for you guys that have to have full time pvp but i have more fun withouth all the kids and constant cussing all the time. PvE servers just have alot less battle net kiddies.

Whisperwind PVE Alliance my name Ithalnos. Come find me i would like everyone to join up for VI.

I think Brillow is on to something--I don't think any of the Mountain servers have a high population, and because the servers are under such a light load, I've noticed the quality of play is a bit better and a bit less choppy at times.

Might be something worth looking at.

-Kor

i got 5 blue items on my mage now, lvl 25 :P

no tradeskills yet.

23 with under 1k to 24 and I do smithing and mining, both over 100 :unsure: I think it helps a lot

But yeah, I decided to play on Kel'Thuzad because it was a low population server at the start... so one of my friends (Zweih for anybody who remembers him when he played CS) and I play on it pretty regularly. We do an orc warrior + shaman combo, works really well. We just pick up a couple other guys whenever we need to do an elite instance like Ragefire Chasm or Wailing Caverns. We work together like a well oiled machine.

Edited by TaPe

got my pally to 22 on whisperwind. mining and blacksmithing past 100... so yeah this is even after i got another pally to 20 on illidan with mining bsing past 100 too. i am the win.

starting over sucks but its not that hard to do. *cough*ak*cough :D we could use all the people we can get.

starting over sucks but its not that hard to do. *cough*ak*cough  :D 

it's not even a PvP server...

I got my first bonified ganking in last nite. Flanked a horde group of 3 ganking people in Raven Hill last nite and wiped them all out from behind. gg fireball with minimized recast and maximum distance points.

oh and the longest i've waited in que since day 2 is 15 minutes for Illidan. I just checked and there isn't even a que today. As far as ingame lag goes, i haven't noticed it like before except in Westfall. But i think that's because there's still a bagillion people leveling there.

Edited by All Kill3r

Illidan has cleared up though. It's no longer a holiday weekend and a lot of people did change servers. I kind of expected some crowding problems in the first week anyway. Who could predict what demand was gonna be like and where people would decide to play?

-Kor

grinding doesnt cut it at high lvls. you need the massive xp from quests or you'll lvl slow as poop.

well see. Thus far mathmatically it works out that every level is taking me the same amount of time when farming mobs 1/2lvl's above me. Take more XP per lvl sure, but you get more xp per kill as you level so it's not really that much harder at all.

On paper i kill 3 mobs per minute, with 1 minute down time for 600xp in 2 minutes. Limiting factor here is my mana regen. Thats 300xp per minute x60minutes = 18000xp. I need about twice that per level atm so 2 hours per level if i just grind. But of course i run around and jerk off alot so that doesn't happen. At level 10-11 i did this too, I got 150xp per minute, minute down aprox. Thats 9000xp per hour, works out pretty darn close to not taking much longer as your level gets higher, as long as im killing mobs higher level then me.

Edited by All Kill3r

I play at Whisperwind (havent encountered any problems) normal server. I play under the name Nazzarith. I am a level 13 nightelf hunter skinner alliance. This is my first venture at warcraft so if any of you play there, I sure could use some help. I plan on being on there most of this weekend.