gas grills

Magruter

If you have one please respond. Currently i have gone through 2 kenmore grills and both i am not happy about.... Basically with all three burners on high i can put my hand 4 inches from the burner and keep it there 20 seconds before it gets remotely hot. I'm looking for something around 30,000 btu's with three burners. Definatly not kenmore! Does anyone have an account with consumer reports? If so could i use it just to check out the different ratings on grills. If not, can anyone find a good source for grill reviews? Thanks a bunch!

As far as rating sites I can't help you, but I purchased a Brinkman grill from Lowes 2 years ago and its been awesome. The burners are heavy duty cast, and easily removable to clean, etc.

The whole thing is very heavy duty, the company makes a lot of high end commercial grills, and the consumer products reflect that.

I just bought a new Weber gas grill, I already own 2 charcoal grills, and it is the best grill I have ever had the pleasure of cooking on. I sell grills for a living, and trust me, every extra penny spent on a Weber is worth it. It cooks extremely evenly, and the temp control is so exact you can use the thing like an oven if you so desire.

Ill look around to find some reviews, or consumer reports ect....

:peace:

Edited by SupaFly

Yeah the first grill i had was a charcol/gas combo, but the burners were 10 inches away from the grates so any type of searing was not an option. My dad also has a weber, but i can't find his weber for cheaper than 500$ which is alittle out of my price range. But i'm really thinking about biting the bullet and getting it. Supa what grills do you sell? I'm looking for something no more than 400$

In case your interested, the Brinkmann I previously mentioned was $399 i think and it has 4 burners, and a real brass side burner. It's stainless with ball bearing slide out for gas bottle. Also has a smoker tray and a big removable tray for grease clean up. I also looked at webers, but the same features that this one has pushed the price way up. The $400 range was not apples to apples.

I sell mostly Weber grills and prodcts, although I do some cheaper gas grills also, char broil, off brands, ect.....

I strongly suggest the extra money for a weber, it'll be the last grill you buy for 20+ years, anything goes wrong, no questions asked replacement warranty on parts.

But buy one soon, a 2004 model comes with a gas tank, and the 2005 models are not going to include tanks, and the overall price will be increasing. If you go somewhere with 2004 models sitting on the floor, Weber has authorized retailers to give big discounts to clear them out. Look for a Weber silver B grill, with porcelin grates/flavorizer bars. It is a step down from one with stainless steel guts, but after a few years you can pick up stainless grates/bars for 100 bucks. A grill like this may go for 450ish right now. If you can find one.

:wavey: