map vote...

linch

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

BUMP!!

Some Mmmm, please address this lest I make my own topic about this and bump it every hour, on the hour ;):D:lol:

I just dont get how some admin on a whim can add de_volare to the rotation, but everyone fails to see that as_oilrig isn't on there. It's been played something like 25 times in the past 30 days, nearly every day. And every single time it has to be voted on, often with 10+ votes. Now I know whoever the close-minded admin responsible for the rotation won't even look at this, but the statistics are there for those who care to look.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Now I know whoever the close-minded admin responsible for the rotation won't even look at this, but the statistics are there for those who care to look.

Maybe the same admin that is oppressing the opinion of the people when they ask for it :rolleyes::ph34r:8P)

TaPe,Aug 29 2002, 03:51 PM]Maybe the same admin that is oppressing the opinion of the people when they ask for it  :rolleyes:  :ph34r:  8P)

That confused me.

How does the said admin oppress others opinion? He must have some powerful plugins to do that. I remember Destroyer working with some sort of mind manipulation but didnt know there was any working method. Now maybe you meant to say "oppressing others expression of their opinions" but even then its still kinda vague. Is he using admin_gag? I spose that would do it.

But even more confusing is that the people asked for their opinions to be oppressed? Wouldnt that be expressing an opinion in the very act of asking for oppression? The admin would fail even in following their request because he is acting upon their expressed opinion therefor NOT oppressing their said opinion. But this is totally based on the assumption that I was right in my first part analogy. If I was incorrect, the aformention deductions would be totally false. But any other first part assumption yields even stranger final results.

"The people" ask for their opinions to be oppressed (unusual to say the least) then the admin grants their wish by some unknown device or method.

That confused me.

<gets some ice to cool his overheated brain>

I SEE IT NOW

The preposition "it" was referring to the map, as_oilrig. It all makes sense now! The "ask for it" would involve the expression of opinion referred to in "opinion of the people".

The faulty logic of the entire sentence is in the assumption that the "opinions of the people" mandates how the admin should act. Also the assumption is made that the previous quote is in truth the opinion of the majority of the people.

At least Im not confused anymore!

NO!... really... IM not!

or maybe.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

... so are you going to address the topic or what? :rolleyes:

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
it was on rotation just a month or so ago. We got HUGE complaints to take it off.

I would almost suggest you do a vote on whether to put it on the rotation or not... but I've got a feeling that it wouldn't end up on the ballot :rolleyes:

Maps that create complaints are either 1) truly bad maps or 2) tactical maps. Truly bad map for example is de_scud. There is nothing redeeming about that map in the slightest. Tactical maps are things like as_oilrig, or de_torn to use another example. Non-linear maps where little flames who howl when their bind key for de_dust doesn't convince people. If you want a ton of maps that require no thinking, by all means continue with the de_aztec and de_dust regime. Don't give in to complaints by people like KillA~CommandO though.

Why am I in here arguing about map rotation? I dont even have the power to change it.

Like I said, Hambone, just be thankful you have to option to vote it in. IN FACT, just be thankful we have Plat at all! I cant recall the last time someone came in here and even said a thank you. No, you just come in here and ... whine :o

Ok. Please give me some slack here. I havent played CS in 6 days and its starting to crack my usual good demeanor.

Plat is a great server. We have some great guys that make it a habit to play there. I want to take the time to thank all those guys who come in and play the game. I want to thank Hambone for shutting his trap when I ask him to ;) I want to thank Tape for playing on Foxtrot a lot :P Jk. No I thank him for providing some great competition. But next time when you guys are asking for a server adjustment, dont start out by slamming the admins by calling us "close minded" and "oppressors of opinion" or stating that you have a feeling we are not going to do what you want.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
dont start out by slamming the admins by calling us "close minded" and "oppressors of opinion" or stating that you have a feeling we are not going to do what you want.

:( Ok I'll just quit with any jokes... sorry to get you angry. I meant no offense to you or any Mmmm and I apologize if I offended you. Thank you for providing a great server such as Plat. My most sincere apologies...

--TaPe

TaPe,Aug 31 2002, 12:47 AM]
dont start out by slamming the admins by calling us "close minded" and "oppressors of opinion" or stating that you have a feeling we are not going to do what you want.

:( Ok I'll just quit with any jokes... sorry to get you angry. I meant no offense to you or any Mmmm and I apologize if I offended you. Thank you for providing a great server such as Plat. My most sincere apologies...

--TaPe

This all got out of hand because of me. I apologize.

Hopefully I can hop on Plat today and relieve some stresss :blink:

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Ok first you force me to take responsibility for it and now that I take it, you refuse to let me have it!? Now you all are fighting for it?! NO! IT'S MY FAULT!!!! :angry::angry::blink:8P):D:lol: -_-