Keyboard Config

gOOters

Okay, in 1.6 I had scrool down set to pop my pistol out and I had MOUSE5 set to pop the knife out. Scroll up actually scrolled through my weapon choices and then I would pick the one I wanted.

In SOURCE, it looks like I dont have the option of scrolling through my weapons if I still want scroll down and a mouse button to immediately pop out a weapon? Thoughts??

Also...how do I bind something to STOPTHEFREAKINGSOUNDONAZTEC??

I got to the console, but: bind ] stopsound doesnt seem to work?? Do I need to include parentheses or something??

Im hungry. And bored. Work is slow this week.

btw, besides the different look (and I dont like how "cartooney" the peoples are) what is the huge difference b/tw SOURCE and 1.6??

btw, besides the different look (and I dont like how "cartooney" the peoples are) what is the huge difference b/tw  SOURCE and 1.6??

I wish I could answer your other questions... but i'm used to pressing 1,2,3,4,5 for my guns and so on. Go back and play 1.6. You'll see how different the people look. You play this game, the graphics look great. You go back to 1.6 and you notice how everything looks like gba graphics <_< . The bad thing about source is that valve had a lack of programming in it. They wanted to rush it out to mess with Vivendi. That's why we have wonderful things like: bad hitboxes, certain people starting the map with double the money, double ringing from nades, and so on. But hopefully these will be fixed. All the maps look pretty now. It took me a little bit of getting used to when I first started playing CS:S, but I feel that this game has a completely different feel than CS.

yes, you can make the dead bodies disappear, that is client side I think.

Bugs, as long as you and all the other skilled players are as annoyed by the crickets as this nub is, Im happy!

I miss Barto's mass cricket exterminations though :laughcry:

Edit: yes, the glitches in CS:S will surely be fixed. There were planty of them in CS also. Especially early on.

Edited by gOOters

No, I wasn't asking about dead bodies disappearing, just the sound they make. I like seeing them there. You know what I mean, right? Sometimes you'll be sitting there and you'll hear something moving around, but it isn't foot steps. I hate that sound.

yes, you can make the dead bodies disappear, that is client side I think.

Bugs, as long as you and all the other skilled players are as annoyed by the crickets as this nub is, Im happy!

I miss Barto's mass cricket exterminations though  :laughcry:

Edit: yes, the glitches in CS:S will surely be fixed. There were planty of them in CS also. Especially early on.

I would def. leave the bodies on. I use how they died / position of death to determine where someone could be.