Where to Download Music

Max Kill_Joy

I would suggest you don't use Kazaa. There are many problems associated with it (viruses, spyware, etc...)

Get Soulseek. Hands down the best P2P music sharing system. It's free, there is no spyware, NO ADVERTS, no nothing. I listen to a lot of obscure music, and I find stuff on here that I could never get off of Kazaa.

www.slsknet.org

GC Alumni
(edited)

iTunes is by far the best for getting songs. Only 99 cents per song and they have a very big library. They're always getting more songs too.

The best deal though is that you can by most CD's (I mean the ENTIRE cd) for only $9.99!! I've bought a few CD's on here for this, then you just burn them to a cd.

The only real complaint I have is that the songs download in a protected format, and I haven't found anything that converts to mp3 :boo::bang:

There is a way around this though, just burn the songs to a cd, then rip them with any otherprogram. Probably can use a cd-rw I would bet.

Edited by Ice_Berge_00

interesting.

maybe its just me, but if im gonna spend at least 10 bucks on a CD i want it to come with a case and i want to see the pretty album cover art and be able to un-fold and read the lyric sheet if the case may be.

It's nice to to have that, I agree, but since I put all my cd's in a wallet for listening in the car I don't really have much use for those. So downloading them and not having the empty case laying around is a plus.

I use iTunes+myTunes since I live in a dorm which is on a lan and have downloaded multiple gigs of music instantly.

myTunes?

I have only legally dled like 10 songs but Itunes is the best for that. But as for others I would have to say limewire it works great for me and really fast, around 300-400 kbps so getting a song in 1 minute or less is nice

It's nice to to have that, I agree, but since I put all my cd's in a wallet for listening in the car I don't really have much use for those.  So downloading them and not having the empty case laying around is a plus. 

myTunes?

id probably do that if i wasnt scarred by CD wallet books.... I left my car open in a bad neighborhood and someone stole it, all 200 CDs or so.

I hope they're happy with my Charlie Rich and Creedence Clearwater CDs :P

thats why now i always rip new CDs I buy to my computer.

Edited by spiralstairs