I was really missing out!

VooDooPC

I was trying to get my game to have a bit more constant frame rate so it wouldn't dip down to 10 in a fire fight. Me being Mr.Lazy i didn't want to mess with all the CVARs Autoexecs and that stuff so i thought i'd tried out direct X 7. I only wish i discovered it earlier, its practicly doubled my frame rate, no more slide shows in fire fights.

I was also bored, so i thought i'd finally enable my voice thing. Wow, a BIG difference that makes. I don't know how i lived without it. People say where bad guys are and tell their team what to do tactics wise.

So, if anyone was talking to me on their mic and i just sat there. Thats why, becuase i had it off! ....kinda makes me wonder who has been talking to me when i am just standing there...

I thought i'd post this so you guys know i will be more alert and be somewhat useful in a fire fight. :)

I had it off becuase every other server had some little whiney kid killing my ears. I'm not a newbie, i just prefer to not have my ears bleed.

You can change the direct X level by right clicking Counter Strike Source in steam. Going to properties, click launch options and type in: -dxlevel 70 for dirext X 7, or: -dxlevel 81 for direct X 8.1.

You can change the direct X level by right clicking Counter Strike Source in steam. Going to properties, click launch options and type in: -dxlevel 70      for dirext X 7, or: -dxlevel 81    for direct X 8.1.

Can this be done on the fly? Like through the console? I know that you can change the regular video settings on the fly.

Edited by Concreto