3rd Party Feeback: cs_hslan_final

Fatty

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

I just downloaded it and ran around, couple quick things I noticed..

1) I generally don't like cs_ maps because hosties are too close together and leads to a camp fest.. this map is no different, with all 4 being right beside each other.

2) Almost 3/4 of the map is useless

3) Honestly, looks like a more stacked version of assault.

However, I wasn't playing anyone, and just ran around it for 2 minutes.. so take that into consideration ;).

I think this map is a nice change from the standard maps, it' seems big, yet it's really not, there are a lot of entry points and a lot of sniping positions. The combat variety is very broad, a lot of close encounters and a lot of snipers. I really enjoy playing it and think it would be a welcome edition to the gc rotation.

Overall I think it's FUN, and that's what matters right.

I liked this map other then the fact it can be a little taxing on the video card.

Its surprisingly easy to play with non-sniper guns, which I consider a plus.

I woudln't mind seeing it thrown in the rotation to mix things up a bit.

With 4 entrances into the garage, the CTs can easily avoid the camping Ts. As we saw, no side was really stacked. 10 minutes: CTs win 8-3.. Another 10 minutes: Ts win ...by whatever high amount. There is a pretty big open space, but once you start playing it more, the map runs rather quickly. The whole tunnel system through water and underground is amazing. The only thing I don't like about this is that there's a door that overlooks one part of the CT spawn area from the T garage. Someone with an autosnipe could just pick everyone off. However, as Fatty pointed out in the game, someone could sit at spawn and just shoot at the door to keep everyone away. Overall, I enjoyed the map.

This map would be really fun, minus the snipers, other than that it's really cool and different, but with snipers, CT's can't hardly even get out of spawn area.

There are 2 high points with doors that the T's can quickly secure, and with an autosnipe, they can lay waste to about the whole team. I think people will like it at first but after a week the forums will be full of people screaming for it to go.