de_nuke has arrived

Decoy

(edited)

The third party map has arrived! However, it is not the final version. This is beta 8.

de_nuke

It was made by a guy that goes by the name Weeper. I tried to get into contact with him a little while ago, with no luck. There are pictures on that site are from beta7. All previous betas for this map were private. Let's see how this goes.

I'll even throw in some of my own screenshots (thumbnails.. you know the drill):

de_nukes_b80000sm.jpgde_nukes_b80003sm.jpg

de_nukes_b80004sm.jpgde_nukes_b80012sm.jpg

de_nukes_b80014sm.jpgde_nukes_b80020sm.jpg

Edited by Xonoxide

If it's named de_nuke, I will have to change the name before we play it. These people should not be doing 3rd party maps with the name of the original map...

edit* ok, he named it b8...wonderful! :freak:

edit** lol, it's even plural nukeS....nope he didn't name it like the original, that's for sure!

Loading it up now.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
(edited)

Was about to post this after seeing it on Gotfrag.. looks pretty solid.

Also, from the map creator himself..

"Q: Can I still shoot through walls?

A: Yes, however some of the walls are to bullet resistan, I will fix this."

Looks promising. Also looks like he changed 'outside' quite a bit, could be intreesting. As long as it's not butchered like dust2.. :).

edit:

My only worry.. this map looks like it will rip apart FPS compared to most... any experiences yet?

Edited by PDO

Aweosme map. We just played it on the server. The layout is slightly different than the cs 1.6 nuke, but not anyhthign that hurts the play. It also has an added bonus for the CTs.

The only problem I saw was that the main rock the T's go around as they rush the front side often turns pure black if you're in free move with the camera. I found this while I was dead one round. Unfortunately I don't have a pic.

Overall a very good map I think and a lot of fun.

I was going to suggest this but noticed it alrdy has been. This map seems very well built, its changed a bit.

Other side of rafters have wooden planks so u can get shot from outside. Entrances to the inside have changed a bit. The spawns look kind of bad. Lower has changed with no doors.

All in all I really think this map is good but can be improved a bit. It definately has some life alrdy so I'd love to see it on the server.