In mourning for the next 8 months

akaM2

I am officially in mourning for the next 8 months because of the horrible day the packers had. I hope the whole coaching staff goes and someone new is brought in.

Anyone else see this horible game by the packers?

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Brett Favre should retire.

That flip pass was unforgivable.. he gave up on a play because he was scared to get hit, and once that happens, you're done.

Packers Name Thompson General Manager

For those of you that live outside of Wisconsin and haven't heard, Mike Sherman has been stripped of his general manager title and the Seahawks assistant VP has been hired to that position. This is totally awesome. The Packers draft picks under Sherman (with the exception of Barnett and Walker) have been awful. So have the free agents (most notable example - Joe Johnson - biggest bust EVER - something like 30 million dollars over 6 years for almost no production and was cut after 2 seasons I think). Sherman's coaching hasn't been bad (I don't think his job is in danger, but the new GM has the power to fire him), but the coaching of the offensive and defensive coordinators hasn't been great. I hope/expect to see defensive coordinator Bob Slowik to be fired. The Packers defense has been much worse this year than last with almost the same personnel with the defensive coordinator being the main difference.

Ted Thompsonson has an excellent record as a talent scout and I think will make an excellent general manager. I am really excited about this change, as the dual Coach/GM combo was too much for Sherman to handle, and I expect to see big changes this year.