Truly a Noob question

Guest spaz

Guest spaz
Guest spaz
Guest spaz
Guests

I'm interested in FragFest, in fact so is a co-worker of mine.

I have never attended a lan party before. I have played at work and online.

Can someone explain things to me, assume I'm from Mars?

Things like,

Do I bring my own PC?

Can I rent one(mine's a P3 933)?

Do I need to purchase any games?

Or, will some be provided?

Will there be an Internet connection to play on online servers too?

etc. Remember, never been to one before so help me out. Thanks.

BTW, I mostly play UT99, currently favoring MonsterHunt and Strangelove Mods. I am a member of a small clan KOA, which I hope to convince some members to come as well.

Thanks.

I'm interested in FragFest, in fact so is a co-worker of mine.

I have never attended a lan party before.  I have played at work and online.

Can someone explain things to me, assume I'm from Mars? 

Things like,

Do I bring my own PC?

Can I rent one(mine's a P3 933)?

Do I need to purchase any games?

Or, will some be provided?

Will there be an Internet connection to play on online servers too?

etc.  Remember, never been to one before so help me out.  Thanks.

BTW, I mostly play UT99, currently favoring MonsterHunt and Strangelove Mods.  I am a member of a small clan KOA, which I hope to convince some members to come as well.

Thanks.

Yes you bring your own PC.....we don't rent them, if you can find a place that does more power to you. I think last year the majority of the time was spent playing Counter-Strike, UT2K4, and BF1942. I'm sure there were a few others, but not as wide spread. No games will be provided. There will be no internet connection either. We will have multiple servers set up to host more games that you could shake 30 sticks at if they are requested.

Feel free to fire back any more questions if you still have some.

Hi Spaz. How did you hear about Fragfestohio?

I would say by far the biggest game we'll play is Counter-Strike. We'll have at least one tourney for this game, possibly more.

This makes me think I should have spectator passes or something.

Hey, Fatty, on the same line of questioning is Fragfest going to be "movin' on up" to CS:S tourneys or will there be a strong old-school CS presence for us old, curmudgeony cheap types who won't upgrade our comps and buy new software?

Buy CSS, you will like it much more, or atleast I think.

Oh, I love Source. Don't get me wrong, it's much better than POHL (Plain Old Half-Life). Unfortunately, (1) I don't really play CS, I play DOD, (2) I'm cheap and (3) I'm not willing to pay to bring my comps up to spec, though I suspect they'd do decently on Source / HL2. It's not an issue of not liking source so much as I'm a curmudgeon.

Hey Spaz. Glad to see your gonna make it. Bring those coworkers too. I can't tell you about the past FF's cause this is my first but I do know that I can't wait. From things I have heard and pictures I have seen, it looks and sounds like a great time. Check out the link if you haven't already. Look forward to seeing you there :P:freak::boing: