Autojoin Enabled for Trial

Fatty

Beetle has a feature called "autojoin" that pics the team for you...basically removing the question as to whether or not you actually did it yourself. We're going to give this a shot. Feedback here.

I was on scopeless last night, i dont mind the autojoin feature the only thing is that i think it disables the @changeteam command for admins, I was trying to put someone onto the ct side so i could help the t side and it wasnt letting me change them. I dont know if this is just a problem for me or if everyone is having it.

If I may say, it is crapola. I've seen more one sided blowouts since we started it than before. It won't let you switch mid round to even it up, and it does auto you in mid round, negating what was said about seeing whos behind when you come in late.

Funfactor-dropping rapidly.

Yes, it could use some tweaking if possible.

Ex: I joined D2 a bit ago it stuck me on T and they were killing the CT's. Couple rounds later it put a couple more guys on T and made it 13 to 10 stackin' T side. And it wouldn't let me switch to help out the CT's. And I can honestly say I didn't see any CT's drop during this time.

Not sure how much tweaking can be done on this particular feature.

Ok, I have figured out that it only does the auto join at the start of the map. After the map has started it allows you to choose your team.

I cant change teams once the map starts.

What if i was pubbin with some friends and we wanted to join the same side?

I wouldnt want to go to another server. I think it was fine the way it was. :(

Can someone please remove this soon? I've been giving it an honest try all day and I can honestly say, the gameplay has never been crappier. I will say one thing though, its just another example of how computers can do alot of things better that humans, cuz it sure builds one HECK of a stacked team.

GC Founder

Clue you have people saying it would be ok on Mayhem in this same thread, but to take it off Recrud. The server has also been going since Bean started it this morning early, so it can't be that horrible that it's driving people away.

I asked for 2 days of trials.

I have found that if you switch to spectator then it allows you to chose the team you want. But, then you loose any money you had.

ATM I'm recinding my statement that it would be good on Mayhem. Unless there is someway it can be tweaked to allow you to switch teams. To help out the losing team.

By chance is there an update for the beetlemod. That might fix this issue. I'm sure we are not the first to try this feature and run across these issues with it.

Not totally against this thing. I'm trying to figure out ways we can make it work.

GC Founder

afaik beetle discontinued his work.....i believe i read it somewhere.

one option: admins can be given immunity (so then we'd have the ability to even teams...it's us that does it anyways, right?)

afaik beetle discontinued his work.....i believe i read it somewhere.

one option: admins can be given immunity (so then we'd have the ability to even teams...it's us that does it anyways, right?)

I was gonna suggest this. Wasn't sure you would go for it.

GC Founder

There's also something else I just thought of. If the games going bad, admins can change the cvar for the game and turn autojoin off so an adjustment can be made.

Remember, 10-0 admins should be changing the map anyways.

To turn autojoin off, in hlsw, simply enter "autojoin 0"

In your in-game console, if you've already inserted the rcon password in your config, issue an "rcon autojoin 0" and it will be turned off.

It will automatically be back on upon a map change.