poker

flux

Guest Bilbo
Guest Bilbo
Guest Bilbo
Guests
was thinking about playing some hold'em.  if i can make it you think anyone else would want to play if i brought my chips and whatnot.  just let me know.

hi but i think i'll stick to the lion king thanx anyways

clueless, maybe between you and duke you could contact boston mills and organize our outing.  Obviously we don't have a good idea on numbers yet, but that would be another tallying task.

I know m0m golfs, and golfs well.  Mini does too, dunno if he can get away, or either of them.

Id take the day off...

hmmm Golf sponsored by FineLine :-)

I was told of an awesome tourney format by some guys at my new job today. They have an annual golfing event, here is how its scored:

(hypothetical numbers here to show the scheme)

Scoring Type..................................Team 1........................Team 2

4-man Best Ball.................................88...............................76

Beers Consumed..............................-52..............................-33

Throw Fatty in the

water hazard bonus..............................................................-3

totals................................................36........................

You can plainly see that Team 1 wins this outing. Even though team 2 was awarded the "Throw Fatty in the water hazard bonus" they still were no match for team 1's beer consumption.

I'm not a huge golfer, so pardon my ignorance if you have played this type of tourney before. I thought it sounded like my kind of golf. I'm not too good, so I could just do a lot of drinking to help fend off how lousy a golfer I am.

Hmm...this means another day off of work for me as well...as well as the need for a place to crash for an extra day.

****doh, pwned by the forums...let me see if I can get it to stay with the format.

WE SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH FOR SCRAMBLE...BUT IF NOT i LIKED THE GAME 'WOLF' FAT AND i PLAYED WITH 2 OTHERS ONCE....

DANG CAPS..

rotate whos 'wolf'

wolf watches 1st person T-off...if he likes he can play with that person.

those 2 then compete scramble style against the other 2. if those 2 get the hole, wolf gets +1

if wolf doesnt like 1st T shot, he watches the next and choses again, if he takes noone, he is then alone and if he beats other 3 scores wolf gets +2

now wolf can state he is going 'lone wolf' before he sees any T shots and if he wins against the other 3, he gets +3

quite fun...

WE SHOULD HAVE ENOUGH FOR SCRAMBLE...BUT IF NOT i LIKED THE GAME 'WOLF' FAT AND i PLAYED WITH 2 OTHERS ONCE....

DANG CAPS..

rotate whos 'wolf'

wolf watches 1st person T-off...if he likes he can play with that person.

those 2 then compete scramble style against the other 2.  if those 2 get the hole, wolf gets +1

if wolf doesnt like 1st T shot, he watches the next and choses again, if he takes noone, he is then alone and if he beats other 3 scores wolf gets +2

now wolf can state he is going 'lone wolf' before he sees any T shots and if he wins against the other 3, he gets +3

quite fun...

I see it now.... four 4-somes all playing wolf thru 9

at the turn (poker reference for topic's sake) the 4 individual wolf winners combine to determine king wolf

3 remaining 4-somes play scramble style for losers to buy winners' beer, 2nd place buys their own.

• 1 month later...
I wasnt too keen on the antes and blinds with a $25 game...it went way too quick...

If you started on the big blind you pretty much were down to  $20 in 2 hands if you didnt win....

I usually play a 2/5 with a 100 min buy in w/o antes, with the option of the person left of the BB to stradle.

But when we have a weekly tourny with a 125 buy-in starting with 1000 in chips and the blinds increase every hour with out antes until the last table (usualy around 30 people)...To determine tables, we draw numbers (1-30) with 1-7 being one table, 8-14 being another, etc.. your seat is also based on those numbers..ie #1,#8,#15 would sit left of dealer...

If we had around 20 ppl like last year, i would say 3 tables with 40 chips each, each runniny concurrently, w/o antes... only blinds that increase every 1/2 or when a player is out. when a table gets too low, move ppl around...when you get down to the final 7 say, go to a final table with antes and blinds.

If its the same set up as last year, Im not in....

Aight, I'm putting Red officially in charge of the tourney. He's gonna draw up the official rulez!

My buddy Ami will be back to be one of the dealers according to whatever rules we decide. We can have other dealers or we can self-deal, don't care.

I don't imagine the buy-in should be over $20....and, as far as a second buy-in, dunno....maybe another max of $10 worth or something?

Red, just stock your box of liquor, pack some cards, and show up. :hug: