poker

flux

I wasnt too keen on the antes and blinds with a $25 game...it went way too quick...

If you started on the big blind you pretty much were down to $20 in 2 hands if you didnt win....

I usually play a 2/5 with a 100 min buy in w/o antes, with the option of the person left of the BB to stradle.

But when we have a weekly tourny with a 125 buy-in starting with 1000 in chips and the blinds increase every hour with out antes until the last table (usualy around 30 people)...To determine tables, we draw numbers (1-30) with 1-7 being one table, 8-14 being another, etc.. your seat is also based on those numbers..ie #1,#8,#15 would sit left of dealer...

If we had around 20 ppl like last year, i would say 3 tables with 40 chips each, each runniny concurrently, w/o antes... only blinds that increase every 1/2 or when a player is out. when a table gets too low, move ppl around...when you get down to the final 7 say, go to a final table with antes and blinds.

If its the same set up as last year, Im not in....

$500 buy-in, one hand, 5 card stud.

But seriously tho, Bub hit it. The weekend isn't a poker party. We can all find poker parties if we wanted and spend hours doing that. It's gotta move more quickly than any normal poker game, because people that are in other events need to have the option of taking part in whatever they want.

I think the best way to make sure the majority is happy is to take the people that are interested and have a quick meeting and vote on the most popular format. That said, the entire game should be more progressive than normal because that's really not what we're there to do.

Do we need a poker committee? :smile:

I would suggest double the blinds every 15 minutes, it forces people to play, and it also forces people to muck. A lot of people would stay around for the flop if they could limp in cheap, but when the blinds go up it really gets them thinking about just how good are the 2 cards in their hole.

But they are also forced to play because without any winnings you won't be around to see a great deal of blinds if you don't play.

Maybe we should do the Poker tourney on Thursday night after the golf outing....

Thursday: Golf, Poker

Friday - Sunday morning = Fragfest

:boing::thumbsup:

Again, what I don't want is for poker to become the highlight of the weekend. It's not a poker convention.

clueless, maybe between you and duke you could contact boston mills and organize our outing. Obviously we don't have a good idea on numbers yet, but that would be another tallying task.

I know m0m golfs, and golfs well. Mini does too, dunno if he can get away, or either of them.