banished!

pagan

Well, I did not ban you, and your "joke", I handled in server by just giving you a kick, and you played for a quite a long time after that. So, wasn't me, but the the tone in your accusation is an accurate representaion of your poor attitude towards others in the server, maybe another admin took offense to it.

So, wasn't me, but the the tone in your accusation is an accurate representaion of your poor attitude towards others in the server, maybe another admin took offense to it.

I'm not following and I want to understand this one. What "tone" are we talking about, something in the server or something that was posted here?

If you're talking about his post here, you lost me with the problem with the tone. If it's tone in the server, I'd like to know more about it, because pagan is taking lessons in "Social Interactions in CS: I don't always have to swing my thing" as it is, and he need to be held accountable.

Moreover: sounds like Clueless was having a bad day and pagan rubbed it in? I'd have kicked or banned for that myself probably...depends on context...although coming from pagan I would have taken it as a joke. Then again, he rubbed me wrong once last week as well...no detail necessary, he sometimes just types without thinking.

I still wanna understand the "tone" thing and where that originates.

Well, to give alot of accurate examples would be hard to do without alot of digging in logs,which isnt worth it, but a recent example would be yesterday, We were on CT on one of the dust maps, and we were getting beat up a bit, and he instructed his team to "stop sucking". Very motivational, really sparks a rally in the troops.

Then his comment to me was something like " hey clueless, give me $100 and i'll teach you how to play CS", which was immediately followed by a kick.

1 or 2 rounds prior, before round start, he blasted me in the face,, point blank, which he was auto kicked for.

Over the past weeks since he began playing heavily here after the tourney, he has just had an arrogant tone, really rude to guys not as good as him. I asked him in server the other day to "be nice" after a comment to another player, after which, he was fine.

And his above post, to me, just rings with that same arrogance that i'm used to everyday from him, although it is difficult at times to read emotion in text, so it is possible that I am mistaken.

i would just like to add that fatty, i didn't mean to offend you. if im a jerk, tell me im a jerk. it'll make you feel better. plus it will help me learn. that goes for clueless too. its just a game and i intend to play it right.

btw, clueless, do you still think i cheat? just curious. the grapevine, you know. we dont need bad blood circulating.

btw, clueless, do you still think i cheat? just curious. the grapevine, you know. we dont need bad blood circulating.

First of all, lets back this train up, what you heard was from a mutual friend who shall remain nameless, all said within private channels, not in server, not in forums. So lets not post stuff like that because it has nothing to do with anything here. What is said through PM's or AIM or anything else, stays there.

I have seen questionable things, yes, but I have no proof,nor do I plan to pursue any, as now it would come off as a biased witch hunt, and i'm not about that.

So let it be noted, that I have not posted or publically accused you of anything.

and as for my arrogant tone, i think that youre misinperpreting my intensity and disdain for losing coming through in my teamspeak.

Not that I was present for the above incident, but this is something you might want to take note of pagan. No one likes to lose, but it IS just a game, and if you are demonstrating an "intensity and disdain for losing" over voicecomm, its very likely that that can easily be taken out on teammates. The general rule is "if you're not having fun, don't play." I understand no one likes to lose, but you might want to be careful how you let that manifest.

Just a thought.

Not that I was present for the above incident, but this is something you might want to take note of pagan. No one likes to lose, but it IS just a game, and if you are demonstrating an "intensity and disdain for losing" over voicecomm, its very likely that that can easily be taken out on teammates. The general rule is "if you're not having fun, don't play." I understand no one likes to lose, but you might want to be careful how you let that manifest.

Just a thought.

duely noted. its not an excuse for my behaviour, obviously. i try to use anger and whatnot as a motivator.

i just asked you what you think, man.

is this not a forum for discussion?  hit me up

Actually, this is a forum to try to get you unbanned which has gone way off topic, and I will take partial responsibility for that. Lets wait for the banning admin to take a look and get back to the matter at hand. All of this is not going to help you get unbanned, it may actually have the opposite effect, and I dont want 2 issues to collide here, personal feelings aside, that would'nt be fair.

A mutual friend that repeats things to seperate parties? :unsure:

btw pag, there was nothing to feel better about...i carried nothing away beyond the mental note. I corrected the situation when it happened, although I didn't provide you with the service of pointing out directly that you were being a jerk in those words. I would have had to charge you a fee for that.

---

Moving on, hopefully more as mediator:

Nyx, as constructive as you're being, you're still another person attempting to correct or suggest change for the banned person. We've asked time and time again for people not to pile on.

Clue, there's nothing in his post above with any bad tone. As you mentioned, you're reading things that aren't there....there's obviously baggage here.

Pagan, either be more friendly or you'll eventually be chased out of here....it's just a simple fact, and it's happened before. We'll sacrifice a great player at the cost of friendship and atmosphere.

GC Alumni

Roger that. I've tried real hard to put the baggage down when handling this, if I havent done that well enough, i apologize. I try to keep personal feelings and admin duties as separate as I can.

*P.S. The mutual friend thing, totally cool, long story, and this should be the last mention of it, there is NO problem.

Edited by clueless