Does anyone use this command?

The command is cl_ragdoll_collide 1

I'm pretty sure by default it is off. What it does is pretty self explanitory; it allows ragdolls from dead players and hostages to collide with eachother. Causing corpses to pile up (see screen shot) instead of falling through eachother like they normally would. This is for people that want the game to look a bit more realistic. This might hurt FPS but i am not sure, i am not much of an FPS buff myself.

collide7ww.jpg

That's sweet. I don't see it affecting FPS too much? I just tossed that command in my autoexec to make sure!

This reminds me to finally post something I saw the other day which just amazed me:

Here we find a player who has died on the aztec bridge. I thought it was a great example of this ragdoll technology....as you can see the knees relax through the bridge, the head slump over, and the arm falls through as well. Just one of those neat things that makes you stop and respect the realism. Well, then again, I've never seen a dead person on an old wooden bridge, but if I did, I bet it would look something like this.

kneesthroughbridge1.gif

kneesthroughbridge2.gif

kneesthroughbridge3.gif

i forgot the command but my bodies disapear when they die, weird at first but helps out so there is never a dead body laying there and you think it is a person or vice versa.

Dunno if I still have it, but I had a screenshot of someone, on the bridge on aztec, who's ankle was caught in between the boards, and they were hanging upside down. It was a really sweet screen and made you respect the additions they have made to the game over the years.

(edited)

heynow5pw.jpg

I didn't want too, but i had to post this one i took today. 8P)

I really didn't want to turn this into a "show us your ragdoll pictures" but i guess its too late now!

Edited by VooDooPC

(edited)

I have a lower end computer (When it comes to HL2), Athlon XP 2700, 800 megs of RAM, Geforce FX 5900. I tried it earlier today with and without and didn't see a difference in FPS. If your processor is on the extreme lower end there might be a noticable difference.

Edited by VooDooPC

I have a lower end computer (When it comes to HL2), Athlon XP 2700, 800 megs of RAM,  Geforce FX 5900. I tried it earlier today with and without and didn't see a difference in FPS. If your processor is on the extreme lower end there might be a noticable difference.

Wats wrong with your GeForce?

heynow5pw.jpg

I didn't want too, but i had to post this one i took today.  8P)

I really didn't want to turn this into a "show us your ragdoll pictures" but i guess its too late now!

That Italian atmosphere (with music and all) can have a strange effect on people, can't it? :blink2:

Nothing is WRONG with my Geforce 5900. But i know theres people here with 6600s and x800s. So on a scale of this community, i'm guessing its on the lower end, though i could, and probably am, completely wrong.

How did you know that was from Italy? Does that brown drab look give it away that easily?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
heynow5pw.jpg

I didn't want too, but i had to post this one i took today.  8P)

Hey, there you are!! I was wondering where Lunk and Mag went off to. :P

• 3 weeks later...