Where did you get yours?

whudats

Here's my story: when I first started playing competitively (Team Fortress for Quake), I noticed that people would choose handles like "dethkilla666" or "superdeathrobotdestroyer" or other over-the-top names.

Well, I'd sometimes fool around in the game, and one of the things that I found was that if the Spy class was chosen, they could feign death but still move around. So naturally, I went up to another dead body and began to spoon it. Then I started wiggling the feigned spy around, and this gave me the idea for my over-the-over-the-top name: Corpseraper. It was just so tasteless, so obscene, that I had to go with it. It was a very recognizeable and memorable name (from what everyone said), but eventually I grew tired of it. Then one day someone said "that name is so foul! it's so... unclean!" I liked the ring of that, so I changed it to Unclean.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Nic always draws up 101 questions, from where it came from to how its pronounced... And now that this thread is drug back up from the depths... i suppose i should elaborate a bit.

First off, its pronounced 'Kay-Wicks' .. not 'Quicks' .. or anything like that. I used to go by Zero, from the hit videogame megaman (and certain air-combat movies) but i wanted to figure out something original and unique..

So I took my last name, which is Polish 'Kulwicki' .. and worked with it.. subtracted parts of it, until i ended up with 'k-wix' ..Thats right, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with candy.. although i do borrow the 'TWIX' slogan of -> " It's all in the mix " So i suppose im party to blame for the candy and cereal references. The name is pretty much ingrained in my brain by this point, i never expected my 'music composition' or 'remix' scene involvment to last for so long, so by this point I respond to the name pretty actively.

I go by the name almost as much as i do my real first name, which is Dustin, FYI. So everyone tends to call me one of the following: D, Dustin, k-wix, wix. Theres the story, if any of you ever wondered about my name (which is all of you, i'm guessing)

1995, playing Mechwarrior 2 on Heat.net. I was going to use TyphoonPC becuase someone i knew on AOL used that but he started playing Mechwarrior too, so i was forced to use VooDooPC.

Then a few years later when VoodooPC the company became popular people started asking me if i had one and people still ask me all the time. If i had a dollar for every person who asked me i'd have enough for a VoodooPC. I have learned to ignore them through the years luckly.

Now, you'd think I go by ScubaDan because I like to scuba dive, and it's true, I do enjoy that. However, my Fräulein actually gave me that nick ( and personalized license plates ) for a different type of diving :tongue2:

(edited)
Now, you'd think I go by ScubaDan because I like to scuba dive, and it's true, I do enjoy that. However, my Fräulein actually gave me that nick ( and personalized license plates ) for a different type of diving  :tongue2:

Why, whatever are you talking about? Please. Explain. I'm sure we'd all love to hear... 8P)

I always think of these crazy, off-the-wall TV ads for a used car sales lot. The guy goes by the name of Scuba Steve and just makes some nonsensical statements.

Edited by whudats

Why, whatever are you talking about?  Please.  Explain.  I'm sure we'd all love to hear...  8P)

I always think of these crazy, off-the-wall TV ads for a used car sales lot.  The guy goes by the name of Scuba Steve and just makes some nonsensical statements.

:biglaugha: I'll let you use your imagination :biglaugha:

(edited)

Ok---Actually it had nothing to do with the band Primus. Yes I like some of thier music but I actually came up with it about 5 years ago, b4 I had even heard of the band. I was watching Wrestling one night, and liking Triple H I decided to to use his finishing move in a online name. Hence the Pedigree is Triple H's--- PRIMary move that slams your face to the ground. The us just kinda came with it :D

Maybe not what you expected but there it is. My sig tag should say it all :peace:

primustagblack256.64.jpg

Edited by Primus

BiGBonES -

It was actually a long time ago that I choose this name, and I can't remeber the exact reasons. I'm not actually fat, but instead, tall.

I had just done a small project that involved me measuring the size of my thigh bone, and it was remarkably big, and somehow this must have lead to the name bigbones.

I like the name, I havent seen anyone else use it, until one day in my old CS server (my second home), about 15 people decided they liked the name and decided to copy it all at the same time.... It was good whilst it lasted.

[WoA] is also part of my name, and will never be removed. I started the clan at the age of 13, ran it for 2 years before I quit CS. I got source for christmas at the start of 2005, and have been playing ever since. I decided to restart the clan at febuary when I got a few abilites back. [WoA] stands for Warriors of Anarchy.

I used to have a few *'s in my name to make it look cool, but now its just a simple 'BiGBonES' with a few capital letters thrown in here and there to make it stand out a bit more.

The name will be here to stay, no matter what game I play, as I believe every gamer needs a unique name that they should keep. It gives them some identity.

Edited by *BiGBonES**

Ok---Actually it had nothing to do with the band Primus.  Yes I like some of thier music but I actually came up with it about 5 years ago, b4 I had even heard of the band.  I was watching Wrestling one night, and liking Triple H I decided to to use his finishing move in a online name.  Hence the Pedigree is Triple H's--- PRIMary move that slams your face to the ground. The us just kinda came with it  :D

Maybe not what you expected but there it is. My sig tag should say it all :peace:

All this time I never asked because I figured it was either the band or some modification of the Transformers character. But pro wrestling? You still surprise me, Primus. :yellowbiggrinsqr:

All this time I never asked because I figured it was either the band or some modification of the Transformers character.  But pro wrestling?  You still surprise me, Primus.  :yellowbiggrinsqr:

Me too. I was sure it was because of the band.

/Primus - More than meets the eeeeeyyyyyeeee.../ - the Transformers had a great theme song!