Little Newb Help

Bubblegum Bandit

No problemo! I did my first one last year and did just horrible. I will try to clue you in.

IT is a head to head league. So each week you will be pitted against another manager. During that week, tallies will be kept on all the stats. At the end of the week, you will receive one point for each statistical category you win. If you lose a category you will be recorded a 'loss'. A tie will be a recorded as a tie for both players.

Since there is seven categories, a .500 week would be 7 wins and 7 losses.

This presents some interesting strategies. Sometimes you can look at an opponent and tell what he is strong at and try to let him have those categories and take the ones he is weak at. This applies a lot toward pitching. If you have the advantage in era toward the end of the week but have a questionable starter pitching tomorrow, you can put him on the bench to keep him from wrecking you era (IF you don't need the strikeouts as well).

If it is still unclear I will try to do better.

Like looking at my matchup this week, Duke has a questionable offense but a STACKED pitching staff. There might be a chance I could take maybe one or two pitching categories while taking most of the offensive ones, thus keeping me even with the 'master'.

But looking at those pitchers makes me wonder if I could get anything off him at all.

High whips are bad...unless your name is Rev in which case high whips are good for this week only.

I threw the first trade offer out to you, Rev. I'm willing to dish off some pitching for some bats. Let me know if you prefer RPs or SPs.

Here we go again...how can I try to take advantage of someone named Rev on a trade? I thought making deals with the devil made you think twice...WOW!

:blink2:

I will go check out your offers after this post. I'm really solid at 1st base so I might be willing to part with something there (partial to Sweeney since he's on 'my' team). Of course it depends on how much you value Delgado... I'm really torn on him. Will he have a monster year like two years ago or just a really good year like last?

Not going to bite on that one, Dukester. Tempting... he had a lot of saves last year... but the guy is old... and Huff should be hitting his prime. Plus I love being able to put him at first which would enable me to go get an ace for Delgado... maybe.

I didn't expect you to take it but I was at least expecting a counter...geez, you're playing hardball already!

Throw out who's on the table and I'll put something together.

Delgado is on the table! If you are willing to deal!

If your stomach can't handle that big of a fish, I might be willing to deal huff (for the right price), Sweeney (but I over value him) or some of my lesser guys but you would'nt want them.

Now if you want to touch one of my big three (Vlad, Rolen, blalock) you would probably have to really show me something. But again, one of the third basemen might be pried from my fingers since I have two. But I really like having them both in my lineup :)

Delgado is on the table! If you are willing to deal!

If your stomach can't handle that big of a fish, I might be willing to deal huff (for the right price), Sweeney (but I over value him) or some of my lesser guys but you would'nt want them.

Now if you want to touch one of my big three (Vlad, Rolen, blalock) you would probably have to really show me something. But again, one of the third basemen might be pried from my fingers since I have two. But I really like having them both in my lineup :)

What, do you sell used cars Monday thru Saturday? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
Well dang i just saw this... I take it i can't get in anymore?

Aw, Mag! I wish I could get you in but, yeah, it's a little late. Feel free to talk some trash anytime you want, though. Rev needs to be brought down a couple of notches. :biggrin:

I don't think there's a way to spectate the league but I'll post up weekly numbers.

Sorry, man!