Server Verification error

Windex

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Try a reinstall of HL and cs. Sounds like a corrupt file not getting past the verification process.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I had this problem and after i uninstalled and deleted my CS and HL directory (minus my maps folder) and reinstalled and it worked.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
for some reason sometimes when i try to connect to the server it gives me a server verification error and won't let me connect? anyone know what causes that or how to fix it?

Did it work? btw, first post in 2003 here.

Give the poor guy a break. 90% of computer problems are solved by rebooting/shutting down and restarting, 9% are solved by reinstall and the rest require hardware replace & thought.

poor guy? i work in ISS and all that, i know what to do and none of that is working, i've checked fire wall and everything...

i've restarted, reinstalled, checked fire-wall and read every tutorial on how to fix it, someone said it basically stated you couldn't authenticate with WON but it tells me WON is authenticated and verified.... name still says player because i was seeing if it would work before i did all my controls

failed.JPG

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

did you uninstall and then delete all of the folders? the entire Sierra folder? if not, do it again. then restart. then reinstall and try it again. I had to do it in that manner and it worked.

i have it down, i know its an issue with my firewall but we permit the necissary ports and it still doesn't work, it only works if we disable it completely... i need a list of ports or any suggestions on what to do?

problem is that you get a different port each time you connect...or at least could get a different port. What kind of firewall are you using? Most should not cause any issues with this type of game since you are initiating the requests it should let the return traffic to you. What are your current port settings? If you remove them can you still connect to some servers?

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

If you are using a Linksys firewall, then enable DMZ. That will forward all port requests to YOUR machine, just as though you do not have a firewall. This may be what you will have to do while playing cs. Also, try updating the firmware of whatever make you have. If all else fails, call the tech support for the router you are using. If it is Linksys ( i used to do tech for them ) then you will want a firmware update.

ugh to Norton's......

Just had to remove that from a family members computer b/c it was acting all crazy and wouldn't configure right.

You may get it to work, but try zone alarm from www.zonealarm.com. It's free for personal use, easily configurable, and really works.

we are using nortons if that helps any?

Helps alot...reinstalling HL and CS won't help ;)

Try the zonealarm suggestion or better yet go spend 100 bucks and get a nice hardware firewall. It will protect all the puters in your house and, if you get a firewall/router, allow you to share the highspeed line. If your using dialup by chance you don't really need a firewall anyway.

Try the zonealarm suggestion or better yet go spend 100 bucks and get a nice hardware firewall. It will protect all the puters in your house and, if you get a firewall/router, allow you to share the highspeed line. If your using dialup by chance you don't really need a firewall anyway.

thats called linux and its free

even with a spare p233

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/products/mnf/

^^^^^^

even n00bs kan doit

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

I got the same error last night and had to remove cs and reinstall it. Fixed it. I am not using a firewall. I only use it when using IRC.