Fantasy books

Playaa

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Thomas Covenant Chronicles are some great books there... Zweih can vouch for that. Speaking of which, I want those books back! :angry: Terry Brooks... yeah, I read some of the Shannara books. They're good books, but I always enjoyed the Thomas Covenant books more.

I am rather agitated with robert jordan right now he has just tunred the books into one never ending soap operah in which the writing style and plot slowly degrades with each book. The first three books were really good but from then on the writing style hass been that of a third grader
You took the words right out of my mouth Zeabs. I liked the first 3 books, but then they turned terrible.

David Edding, check out his series, its really long, but a good one. Im currewntly reading Piers Anthonys series, its good so far!

Eddings kinda struggles through i7 or 8th book i think, but that is a good series. He also wrote a 3 or 4 book series that is quite good.

Which dragonlance books are you reading Fatty? The chronicles are the "Dragons of Autumn Twighlight" books right? IF so those are very good. And as a followup you should ready the Raistlin books about the two brothers those are good.

Yes, very good, I had the first one signed by Margeret Weis a few weeks ago ( a woman I work with met her at a soccer tournament for their kids).

Another good fantasy book series is Deathgate Cycle (not as evil as it sounds) by Weis & Hickman.

I have read hundreds of books, not too much fantasy right now, but I grew up on that stuff and still love it. Tolken books best ever IMHO. I also have loved the classics...

Right now Im reading "A brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking...thank goodness there are diagrams!!!! :blink:

I read allt he shannara books all like 15 of them. The writing isnt particularly good but i still like the plot and interesting places. I finished the third book in the "Isle Witch" series not too long ago. Morgwar i think. That was good nice and short too.

Deathgate eh..havnt read those maphap i should. Im told the "Hyperion" series is good too ima gonna start on those after i finish Axis.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
I read allt he shannara books all like 15 of them. The writing isnt particularly good but i still like the plot and interesting places.

Agreed - writing isn't spectacular but I still enjoyed reading them.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
TaPe,Jan 16 2003, 09:03 PM]
I read allt he shannara books all like 15 of them. The writing isnt particularly good but i still like the plot and interesting places.

The writing is excelent. Terry Brooks writes in a way that a younger kid can read the book and not have a hard time yet describe everyone perfectly and involve you into the world. I think a book like Elfstones of Shanara would make a great movie (been talked about before).

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests
I love Magic kingdom for sale series by brooks.

Those i never liked. They did not appeal to me.

TaPe,Jan 16 2003, 09:03 PM]

The writing is excelent. Terry Brooks writes in a way that a younger kid can read the book and not have a hard time yet describe everyone perfectly and involve you into the world. I think a book like Elfstones of Shanara would make a great movie (been talked about before).

I think he just writes at a thrid grade level and thats why younger kids can understand them. :rolleyes:

J00 want good writing read The Golden compass and its two sequels by Philip Pulman. The writing is amazing and the plot is excellent, if you havnt read these books you dont know good fantasy.