I would love to see a votemap thrown in mayhem. Has this ever been discussed? If it has, I was not privy. At any rate, I have always been a fan of servers with a votemap. It can't be wrong if everyone agrees, right? Fancy 'ol democracy. Is it an option with the admin tools you use? If so, what kind of options does it allow? I am curious. 0o0

We had votemap enabled for a while, not too long ago, but we decided to get rid of it because it got totally out of hand. There was a mapvote every map, which negated having a rotation at all, it quickly turned into a dust,aztec,office server. I got so frustrated that I actually quit playing for a while after becoming so sick of those maps that I could no longer stand it, I still havent made a full recovery since the mere sight of office usually sends a sickening chill down my spine.

However, democracy is alive and well since we do always keep an open discussion of map cycle here, and have and will continue to tweak it when the outcry demands it.

We are also going to keep trying to do things a bit different here with the addition of custom maps,we already have 1 in the rotation and are about to possibly add another, most likely not replacing a current map, but just adding to them.

Thank you for your interest and input, we here at Project Mayhem will always listen to your ideas and criticism.

<folds paper, places in suit pocket, and steps off of podium and vanishes into the confines of the GC compound>

dust, aztec, office is indeed pretty scary... (except that office rules :P)

can you tweak the votemap? what if you set it so that almost everyone had to vote for the map, say 18 or 20 votes or so? Something like 75% or more. (perhaps also make votemap need a minimum of 10 or so votes so that if there's only like 5 people in the server, the maps can't be continually switched) In that case, most of the time a map would never get on per a vote, save for a few times when everyone really really wants a certain map. And with votemap, you have your choice of all possible maps on the server, right? not just the maps in rotation? If that were the case, every now and then (when nearly everyone wants it) a map not in rotation could be played as well.

<shakes his fist and marches around the GC compound waving signs and screaming.>

I really have no idea how the mapvote works on our new admin mod, I will look into it though. It would definately have to have the ability to be limited, for example, every 2 minutes when someone logs on the server, i dont wanna see a new mapvote coming up.When we had it before, it was ridiculous, almost like people just cant resist, we had mapvotes flying all over the place. The other thing it must have is the ability to be cancelled by an admin, i liked that.

I will look at it, wont make you any promises, but i'll look at it.

PS, chris, we only have 1 map different on our cycle, so when you say maps(plural) that we have are rubbish, be a little more specific.

If only i wasn't banned I would love to play on the custom map/s.

To solve the problem of the same maps being played all the time, i propose the idea of the map vote containing an alternating selection of maps that can be voted.

For example, if you were to have the map vote on the last round of a map, a few maps could appear: dust, aztec and office. Only 1 of the favourites can be picked (to prevent overplay).

At the end of the next map when the vote appears again, you could have the options of different maps, lets say: dust2, prodigy and train.

If it is possible then I think this idea could be a kind comprimise between users who like some structure to the map cycle and users who like the freedom of choice.

However I have noticed, whilst on the gc servers, that if the majority of people don't want to play the map, an admin will change it to another map, so this voting maybe unnecessary in the first place.

<Waves his hand in the air, slowly turns round, does a mooney to the crowd, then bops off back to the gc compound>

I can see the argument that map votes just result in the same map being played over and over again but on the other hand, hey if that's what the masses want...