stupid laws

Rashad

* One may not camp in a wagon on any public highway or risk a fine of up to ten dollars.

* It is a class A misdemeanor to wave a burning torch around in the air.

* It is illegal to throw rocks at a railroad car.

* Livestock have the right-of-way on public roads.

* The government may not prohibit manual flushed urinals.

* Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.

* Butter substitutes are not allowed to be served in state prisons.

* Whenever two trains meet at an intersection of said tracks, neither shall proceed until the other has.

* As people used to smuggle it in from Illinois, all yellow butter substitute is banned.

* Condoms were considered an obsene article and had to hidden behind the pharmacist's counter.

* At one time, margarine was illegal.

* State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.

* The state definition of rape stated that it was a man having sex with a woman he knows not to be his wife. That would mean that women could not be guilty of rape and neither could men who thought they were married to the woman.

* While all cheese making requires a license, Limburger cheese making requires a master cheese maker's license.

* It is illegal to kiss on a train.

* It is illegal to cut a woman's hair.

Now some from my home town Sun Prairie:

* Nuclear weapons may not be manufactured in the city limits.

* Persons may not ride a bicycle with their hands off the handlebars.

* Cats are forbidden from entering cemeteries.

* Even if one gets his/her change "stolen" by a vending machine, hitting the machine violates a city ordinance.

* Unremoved snow on one's property is considered a public nuisance.

Haha, I like to look at the nuclear weapons one.

Apparently you may not be able to manufacture them, but you can still have them ;-)

(Saying this was the same time period) So you could not have margerine no matter what, but you could have a nuclear weapon as long as you didn't manufacture it there in the city. :D. (And yes, I'm also saying that those laws belong to the same area as well)

i'm sure some of these don't apply anymore like:

* It is illegal to kiss on a train.

* It is illegal to cut a woman's hair.

I've only had a problem with this one so far:

* Even if one gets his/her change "stolen" by a vending machine, hitting the machine violates a city ordinance. :D

Even if one gets his/her change "stolen" by a vending machine, hitting the machine violates a city ordinance.

I notice that if you bang the coin slot a bit. Your money falls through or gets unstuck. This doesn't happen all the time but at least I get my fat stick from the vending machine more often! :P

(edited)
My dad's parents used to live up in Eagle River. I hate the bugs in the summer, but the winters are beautiful...

Yes all 8 months of them :boo: It was shortly in the high 70's a few weeks ago, but the last couple of weeks it has been freezing; heck 2 days ago there was some light snowfall.

Edited by 00b3rN00b