I would like to build a Frag Box

Shazz

scalable link interface, 2 of the same video cards on 1 motherboard. To all you naysayers... when building a topnotch hotrod you dont put in middle of the road parts, you put in the best, and thats what the builder wanted when the project was started

(edited)

sli is for people who install two dish washers in their kitchen. you might utilize the functionality of it on rare occassions, but mostly it's to impress people with your ability to spend money on things you don't need or won't really use.

since we are talking about this here, i'll just post those tomshardware test results for hl2 (because i would guess that is your drug of choice).

hl2 demo 1024x768, 32 bit, max quality, no aa, no af

x850xt 120.3 fps

6800 ultra sli 114 fps

hl2 demo 1024x768, 32 bit, max quality, 4x aa, 8x af

x850xt 114.5 fps

6800 ultra sli 113.4 fps

hl2 demo 1600x1200, 32 bit max quality, 4x aa, 8x af

6800 ultra sli 107.4 fps

x850xt 92.4 fps

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/2..._charts-09.html

The x850xt outperforms the twin 6800ultras in all but the most insane settings. Even then, the x850xt still pumps out the game at framerates faster than your monitor can show, and way faster than your eye can perceive. If you want a huge ePenor, go sli. If you think spending $500 more for (at most) 15 fps your monitor cannot show you and your eye cannot see is a bit much, stick with your single x850xt.

Edited by mongoloido

(edited)

http://www.razerzone.com/

Instead of that wireless mouse, I'd go with a Razer Diamondback. While corded and not laser, it is a 1600 dpi mouse (the mx1000 is 800dpi) with on the fly sensitivity adjustment. This mouse is made for gaming. By holding down a mouse button and using the scroll wheel, you can adjust the sensitivity of the mouse on the fly (in game), to suit your needs instantly. I can adjust the mouse to work perfectly from game to game without changing any settings. I can also make my mouse less sensitive for sniping, or more sensitive for CQB without ever leaving the game or even moving my hand from the keyboard.

Edited by mongoloido

(edited)

Is there a Motherboard that will support 2 ATI X850XT's?

Plus...that Razor mouse has a wheel (traditional)? I have heard of the razor mouse...and I have always heard it was the best gaming mouse out there. Does it take a learning curve to use it?

Edit: nevermind...I thougt when it was mentioned "while corded not laser" he was talking about the underside of the mouse. My mistake.

What about the Plasma mouse??

Edited by §hažžž

most people find the razor hard to get useto because the ball inside it is in a odd location. The people that i talk to that useto do cal say that mice like the razor are for people with very high sensitivities, people with a low to medium, which I am, recently moved to a sensitivity of 2.2 prefer something less. on top of that I hate cords with a passion, cord are evil:P. Currently there is no board that supports dual ati cards. THey are coming soon but are not out yet, you need to wait for ati's next gen cards....

(edited)
most people find the razor hard to get useto because the ball inside it is in a odd location. The people that i talk to that useto do cal say that mice like the razor are for people with very high sensitivities, people with a low to medium, which I am, recently moved to a sensitivity of 2.2 prefer something less. on top of that I hate cords with a passion, cord are evil:P. Currently there is no board that supports dual ati cards. THey are coming soon but are not out yet, you need to wait for ati's next gen cards....

Wrong mouse. When I said it wasn't laser, I didn't mean a ball mouse. It's optical, but not laser.

The diamondback is an optical mouse. It doesn't have an unusual sensor placement either. The learning curve for me was easy. However, there are a few issues. It requires some heavy duty drivers to run it that can be a pain in the butt to install. I had to uninstall the drivers for my joystick before installing the razer drivers. I then reinstalled the joystick without issue. Also, Two of the Razer buttons will almost surely be useless for anyone who uses it. It has been designed to be ambidextrous, so there are two buttons on either side of the mouse. The placement makes it unlikely you will ever use the far side buttons with your pinky. :)

Hope that helps a bit.

Edited by mongoloido

if you read the articles Led mice are second rate to the laser. Even if the razor is a 1600dpi mouse, the laser mouse at 800dpi has a much better ability to track the surface that its on, I can put my mouse on wood grain surface which allways trows opticals off and work jsut fine, and the glass ability is much improved. And there is no lag between my mouse and the computer, if your worried about it not communicating correctly

Plasma is just a waste of your money shazz, its a ploy to get you to but it, I amd very very please with my mx1000, and it has a good feel to it, I woulnt want to use anyother mouse ever again.

Ok...I noticed that people like the cordless. I have never used a cordless so let me tell you my setup and let me know if I can use one.

As of now I am using a Logitech MX 500. And on both of my desk's I have a "pull out" for the keyboard and mouse. If using a pull out, where can you put the receiver for the wireless mouse? The reason I ask this is my mouse and the receiver will be on 2 different levels on one desk...I do hope I explained this well enough. Understand??? Simple....do both the wireless mouse and the receiver have to be eye to eye??

the logitech ones are usualy only stoped by metal, the one on my mx1000 is sweet and go's a good distance, does not need to be line of sight

if you read the articles Led mice are second rate to the laser. Even if the razor is a 1600dpi mouse, the laser mouse at 800dpi has a much better ability to track the surface that its on, I can put my mouse on wood grain surface which allways trows opticals off and work jsut fine, and the glass ability is much improved. And there is no lag between my mouse and the computer, if your worried about it not communicating correctly

I'd sure like to read where it says 800dpi laser is superior to 1600dpi LED. I'd even like to read where it says the diamondback has trouble with woodgrain... Although, ultimately, the graining is unimportant. You want a Steelpad or C4-NGen teflon mousepad for that bad mamma jamma anyway. :D

Mousepads....I looked at the one on the Razor website. That one was NICE! But a Steelpad or C4 NGen...where can you get these? And out of the 3..which one would you get? Razor, Steelpad, C4?

it has to do with the clarity and focus of the light, a lazer allows for much better definition, things dont appear so blury to the camera in the mouse. i havent read revews in a while. so i couldnt help you, search.

shazz you should find some mouse pad reviews, should help you decided...

Newegg....found me a LCD monitor ...which one would you get?

LINKAGE!

I really like the Samsung. But didn't know if NO dvi would be a problem. I do run an ATI Radeon X850XT PE. So should I get one with DVI or does it even matter?

The x850xt outperforms the twin 6800ultras in all but the most insane settings.

Yes, its true! But ONLY for HL2. The 6800 ultra creams the x850xt in just about every other test. ATI does so well in HL becuase of their 24-bit precision and nVidia uses 16 and 32, NOT 24.