Back by popular demand...

Considering the discussion the last suggestion sparked I figured I'd throw out this other tid bit of brain butter I tripped over recently...

What if you kept some kind of running tally of how much $$$ everyone ended the match with and add it to the stats board. You know, so we could all argue over who's better on account of their pile of plunder, considering the amount of stat whores :biggrin: there are around here (myself in particular)

Anyways, I know how crazy this is and in no way will it be happening, just thought people might like to enjoy the thought (or flame me about the stat whore bit, but you know its true lol).

The main problem that I have with that is everything that the stats have to keep track of is just another load that it can potentially put on the server. If it starts recording too much info, then it may create more lag, which is not a good thing for such an insignificant stat. But the guys that work on the stats can tell you for sure.

(edited)

this would be a stupid stat, someone can go 30-2 and have 0 money at the end, aka they help there team by buying guns, or they just lost the last 2 rounds and bought full everything both rounds, money doesnt show if you are good our not, if it would tell us something it prolly would of been added to the stats a long time ago.

Edited by M2.gc

this would be a stupid stat, someone can go 30-2 and have 0 money at the end, aka they help there team by buying guns, or they just lost the last 2 rounds and bought full everything both rounds, money doesnt show if you are good our not, if it would tell us something it prolly would of been added to the stats a long time ago.

Yeah. I was about 17-4 one time, won more than four rounds in a row, and I had about $400 left after one buy out.

Considering the discussion the last suggestion sparked I figured I'd throw out this other tid bit of brain butter I tripped over recently...

What if you kept some kind of running tally of how much $$$ everyone ended the match with and add it to the stats board. You know, so we could all argue over who's better on account of their pile of plunder, considering the amount of stat whores :biggrin: there are around here (myself in particular)

Anyways, I know how crazy this is and in no way will it be happening, just thought people might like to enjoy the thought (or flame me about the stat whore bit, but you know its true lol).

Stats are the death of teamplay. Teamstacking and stat padding are already a nightmare without one more reason for a guy to abandon his team for personal glory. In a world of good people and fantastic sportsmanship, I could see that as a fun stat. However...

If I have money...I usually ask the team if they need a gun. So I spread my wealth (what little I got) to make the team better. I can't stand it when guys that are loaded scrooge all that money while thier team mates are dying with pistols.

(edited)

Exactly what I expected...it was a weird suggestion to begin with and server load was something I never figured...thanks for the feedback...also thanks for not flaming, however I suppose I'll get shot more often for the suggestion (and not my lack of skill :)), but hey, that's what it's all about

and mongoloido...you are so correct...i often forget that some people are only playing for stats and will risk helping their team to increase them...

Edited by anonymo