UT2007

Flitterkill

Well I got to see a rolling demo of UT07 on G4TV at the E3. And its like deep breath...release..wow(copy and paste on all next gen stuff). Their unreal 3 engine is looking good with UT and Gears of War. But yeah UT is looking good. Got to see the old weapons like the rocket launcher, flak cannon, avril and shock rifle with a make over along with the projectiles. All the old onslaught vehicles were there. The scorpion had the blades at the front and they said you can even carry passengers on it. You can give yourself a little turbo boost with it as well.

....ahhh it just looked that good :cool:

GC Board Member

http://media.ps2.gamespy.com/media/748/748505/vids_1.html

More E3 Stuff - this being from the Playstation 3 / Unreal Engine 3 demo

The first movie looks like a movie, and well, it is an in-game movie.

The second clip though is the punch-line: The preceding movie was rendered in real time on the PS3 - they ppause, move the camera around, explore a bit, etc. Again, jaw-dropping as usual (esp. the 2nd movie when they pause the action and you can see the rendered sparks/tracer fire/etc. )

No vehicles but still worth your time.

Gamespy nonsense so that means the only clips that will play nicely without you spending some dime are the large QT streams - all the windowsmedia stuff I believe req. registration.

-Fk

GC Board Member

"Epic is encouraging its level designers to create a range of level-specific 'super-weapon' effects for the target painter. In one level, for instance, you'll be able to set off an earthquake, sending hundreds of boulders crashing down from the hills around you. In another, it may cause a roof to collapse, a dam to break or the earth to split asunder."

Nice - I like.

The magazine scans are here - below those links in the forum post someone has transcribed the magazine text.

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=159584

-Fk

• 4 weeks later...
GC Board Member

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/746/746632/vids_1.html?

Video released on the 22nd of June - the one on the left side of the page.

And you are thinking to yourself - this looks like the stuff I saw before - wait for the last 1/3... :)

New interview here:

http://www.gamecloud.com/article.php?article_id=400

Choice bits:

"An example of those types of tweaks is the booster we added to the Scorpion. Useful for feeding enemies into the front mounted anti-personnel blades, it can now be used to ram enemy vehicles. If you eject while the booster is engaged, you’ll eject into the air as the vehicle detonates on impact with the force of a redeemer."

Ouch

"One feature that I’m most excited about is idea of player triggered missions. The general idea is that players will be able to work together on a map specific objective, such as destroying a bridge or stealing the enemy’s war plans. Once a team begins to embark on this, a “mirror� mission becomes available for the enemy. In the examples I just mentioned, these would be defend that bridge or protect the war plans. We’re also very interested in really mixing up the actual mission types quite a bit, so they’re not always destroy/protect X. One idea being prototyped is the idea of a convoy mission where one team’s group of vehicles needs to get from point A to point B, while the enemy tries to shut them down. To mix it up even more, we may have ground as well as aerial versions of those missions."

And lastly

"We’re now able to apply ragdoll physics to vehicles which permits some pretty spectacular crashes."

-Fk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...