Update Released

Fatty

We have released an update to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source

engine. Run the hldsupdatetool to get this update.

This update adds two new maps to the Counter-Strike: Source stable, an

old classic de_inferno and new one called de_port. It also fixes a

couple bugs in the lag compensation code (i.e hitboxes).

Full details can be read here:

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=416

- Alfred

I will get the servers updated as soon as possible!

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Why fix hitboxes now? After a couple of months, I've figured it out and have been playing great last couple of days.

GC Founder

Those words aren't even in my dictionary.

All our servers should be updated.

Who knows what works, but we do know that status reporting progs like hlsw and uglygs, etc, DO NOT work.

Who knows if any admin or reserves work.

Sid
(edited)

guys, as long as you have cl_interpolate 1 on, the hitboxes will never line up with the models. If you type just cl_interp in console it will tell you what this command does. It says something to the effect "Interpolate models this maying seconds in the past." so you see, the very nature of interp will not allow for the models and hitboxes to line up. The only way to get them to line up is to use cl_interpolate 0, this turns off any cl_interp setting you have. It will be ALOT choppier because there will be no lag competsation but your hitboxes will be right on.

If you want to test your cl_interp / cl_interpolate setting and see what will work best for you, simply start a client server. Put in one bot with only knives. and type the following commands: sv_cheats 1 and sv_showhitboxes 2. you will see a bunch of different colored polygons on or around the enemy model, depending on your interp settings. Those are the hitboxes.

Proceed from there.

When I did this test for myself I even tried doing cl_interp 0 and with cl_interpolate 1 on thinking that since my interp was 0 seconds in the past so keeping interpolate on would be ok and still line up the models. Not the case, hitboxes still showed up in front of model. must be the lag compensation or something.

anyway hope that helps you guys.

Edited by Sid