Episode 3

auggybendoggy

What are you guys talking about, he brought balance....  Now there is him and Palpatine, and Yoda and Obi...  Thats pretty balanced...

That's what I'm saying!! The Jedi misinterpreted the prophecy of "bringing balance" to mean destroying the Sith. The prophecy did come true, but not how the Jedi expected it to...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they mentioned in the prequels that the jedi assumed anakin was the one thast would destroy the sith. He did just not when they were expecting him to. Thats the way I interpreted it.

**Disclaimer - my knowledge of Star Wars is limited to the movies and videogames. Side note: anyone remember the Star Wars games on Super Nintendo - the side-scrollers? Those were some sweet games...**

I see what you guys are saying. I agree with what Yoda says though. Balance to me means having both Sith and Jedi, not just all Jedi as is the case when Vader throws the emperor down the shaft in ROTJ.

Brillow_Head  Posted Yesterday, 05:20 PM

as to the balance thing...its not destroying the dark side, but being able to harness the power of the dark side without surcomming to it. It was said that Anakin would be able to do this, but they were wrong...it was his son that does this.

How does Luke do this? Where does he harness the power of the dark side?

I don't think it's possible to use any of the dark side powers without turning to the dark side. How many Jedi have you seen shoot lightning bolts from their hands?

General Grievous was once a human and yes he was the first creation of part man part machine and was trained in the ways of the force. Also many dont understand how obi wan didnt know about leah when he was there for the birth. the reason for this is because they thought luke was the only one who had the force with in him. and to clear things up anakin still brought balance to the force not luke. it was vader/anakin who killed palpatine not luke. luke just brought out the good that was once with in anakin. for lots of good info in disscussions on this register in the forums on www.theforce.net

still a little upset that they cut the scene with qui gon talking to yoda and yoda saying that qui gon was his master now because of his ability to exist through the force after death

I loved it,

but I also noticed another thing the Lucas didn't keep consistant on. (Sry if someone already mentioned this, didn't get through all yet)

In Return of the Jedi Luke asks Leia if she remembers her REAL mom, she does and says she was always sad. Yet Lucas kills off her real mother ...

Otherwise I really liked the movie!

guys,

I think Lucas should make 7-8 and 9 to show luke and leia are the chosen one. I think that would be good to show how being so literal about interpretations could be misleading. just a thought.

As for whaduts statment about anakin killing people and crying.

I was totally moved because to me it represented alot of people who do things they don't want to do.

For example. One of my good freinds from high school moved to louisianna about 12 years ago and I never heard from him again. Came to find out why...He became addicted to heroine and shot himself with a Shotgun. His letter to his mom was that he was ashamed and he could not break the habbit. I thought of my friend as anakin did this realizing the symbol and philosophy of doing dreadful things and not wanting to.

I look at yodas words "forever will it control your destiny" and I feel for coke addicts and others who feel like there is no other way.

I remember as a young man looking at inappropriate material and crying after I did. The images I saw made impressions that will never leave me. Thank God for Jesus.

I totally loved this movie for this fact that we are all darth vaders in a sense and it moves me in ways no other movies have. This movie in particular really did the job well though.

I was moved also by Luke in ROTJ when he throws down the sabre and tells the emporer "no, you've failed, I am a jedi like my father before me" CLUTCH! FACE! MOTED caroded your booty exploded!

also when the emprorer tells vader "it seems as though in your anger you killed her" doesnt that remind you of satan in the garden of eden telling eve "surely you won't die" its like a half lie. You won't die right after you eat it but you will die (a total lie presented in a half truth).

It could be interpreted that the E meant "it seems that due to your anger you allowed her to become heart broken and lose the will to live thus you killed her in a indirect sense".

Aug

As for whaduts statment about anakin killing people and crying.

I was totally moved because to me it represented alot of people who do things they don't want to do. 

I was moved also by Luke in ROTJ when he throws down the sabre and tells the emporer "no, you've failed, I am a jedi like my father before me"  CLUTCH!  FACE!  MOTED caroded your booty exploded!

Aug

Yeah, I truly was heartbroken. He didn't want to, but he thought he had no other choice...

LOL on the second one. That's awesome!! :lol:

ok and to answer the question of how she knew her mom, she didnt she only had visions of her through the force. trust me if you look hard for stuff on star wars you will find the answers to most of your questions, and also luke was never the chosen one it was anakin still even when he became vader because in the end he still killed palpatine.

hahahahaha dennis is desperate hahahahah

I know anakin is the chosen one. But I meant it would be cool to make Luke AND Leia the chosen one. Being that w/o them anakin would never had dissed the E.

So even though my hats off to annie for dissing the E, I give a standing applause for luke.

OUT!

Saw it last night - it was good and entertaining but I was a bit disappoined in some areas...

Lucas waited years and years to make these for the better special effects then he puts in crappy, horrible ones like Kenobi on the lizard and the worst one - the lava fight scene.

Then there were plot issues - Anakin offerin his pledge so suddenly that I was wondering what just happened. His vision never came true, they should have had Kenobi telling Padme "save your strength". There were a few others as well.

It started off strong, fell to a whimper about 3/4 then finished strong with vader lookin at the DS.

We gave it an 82/100