Steam Stats

whudats

A handful around here asked us to keep a CS server. I really can't understand why people wouldn't want to play something new.....something that will change and be upgraded, fixed, etc. (of course, steam-bashers will not like me using the word "fixed").

Dunno. That is a surprising stat tho.

PS. That's a Tuesday morning, isn't it?

I didn't play much CS - I was all DoD, all the time. You hear people complaining about Source and how the like CS better, but I don't see it. I enjoy Source much better...

I thought there were more Source players though. Maybe the Source players get on in the evenings...? I'll have to check it out at night.

In time those numbers will change. A lot of those cs players think Source is too easy. They think there is too much spray and pray kills. I think that they are scared to change games after putting so much time into perfecting thier cs game.

In time those numbers will change.  A lot of those cs players think Source is too easy.  They think there is too much spray and pray kills.  I think that they are scared to change games after putting so much time into perfecting thier cs game.

Probably a good point. I'm sure it's not easy to leave a game that you can pwn in to try the new version and have to learn it all over...

I think a lot of it is cost and machine limited. Yeah buying the game isn't that much, but upgrading your system can be! My old system was borderline for Source, but 1.6 it worked pretty good. That and the fact that I was waiting awhile for bugs and other things to get worked out kept be from buying hl2.

I was one of those originally wanting a 1.6. After I finally built my new system and HL2 came out in stores, I bought up and here I am. I almost never play 1.6 anymore.

(edited)

i'm just wodering how much different is cs 1.6 from source? Never played the old versions and not gonna go buy the old version to check it out either. Just wondering what are the biggest differences? I saw screenshots and they look awful compared to source, so....enlighten me pls :mellow:

Edited by Vovik