Excerpts from my novel...

Gunman

Hello, first let me say that any and all comments that you make about the story (without calling me a moron) will be taken as suggestions, make them harsh...nice...anything about what you think of the story or excerpt. The novel's title is "Platinum Squad" and it involves an elite counter-terrorism unit going around the world performing multiple missions with each other. This topic will contain a few excerpts from the novel :) Enjoy!

Gunman

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES COPY AND PASTE THIS!!!

Here is the excerpt for the day! Enjoy and please respond to this with any ideas or thoughts.

"After viewing the sheet briefly, a helicopter landed outside. We rushed to it, and were beginning our first mission just after learning about it. We flew to a place just outside the Saudi Arabian border. The landscape was flat, but the heat was enough to make a sun bathing snake slither to the shade. Add to that the 40 mile per hour wind gusts and dust blowing everywhere; it seemed like hell. We landed within what was left of an ancient city, and we setup a perimeter immediately."

Gunman

it's tempting not to do one of those continuation stories....but that would make good for another topic....

There ya go sexy, put some rules in, like 2 sentences (complete, real) max. Anything non-English, etc, is deleted. That could be fun.

GJ Gunman! Looks like fun. I'll share only one suggestion for you: replace the word "sheet" with something that is more descriptive.

Here is my next excerpt...ENJOY!

"The commander led us to a room down the hall and to the left and he began a sort of interrogation. He questioned us about the wounded and about what we had seen in the area where the mission had taken place. The questions seemed to go unanswered, because none of us really understood how this happened. We each had partners and were each supposed to watch each other’s backs. This whole mission seemed like anything could have happened and everything did."

Lemme know what you think!

Gunman

You get a double dose!

"We ten people live a life where our loved ones cannot know where we are or who we work for. We get a very few amount of days off and we cannot ever share any details of our job. One woman and we nine men are some of the best Counter-Terrorists this country has ever seen."

w00t w00t!

Gunman :ph34r:

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Gun, if you need people to read it over, edit it for grammar, spelling, etc.. send it my way. I have a crack team that'll get it done for you =D

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

The only reason that I am writing mine like its a sport because it would make more sense, given everyone's nicknames. lol, I seriously doubt that any terrorist would be known the world over as SexyTyme. :lol:

But Gun, I'm sure yours is going to kick some serious butt!

• 4 months later...

We answered a lot of questions for the next two or three hours, and then we were given the opportunity to ask a few questions ourselves. I asked about our fallen teammates, to which I got a response that all of them were ok and they should heal up pretty fast. None of the wounds were life threatening and they should be ready to go on the next mission in about three weeks. To that we all breathed a sigh of relief. After the rest of the guys asked their questions we were told that we can go on three weeks of leave to visit our families, and when we got back we should be ready to go back to the area for another encounter.

<END OF CHAPTER 4>

<BEGIN CHAPTER 5>

For my three weeks of leave I decided to go visit my family in Wisconsin. I returned to a city just outside of the capitol, Madison; called Sun Prairie. As I approached my house I couldn’t believe that I was home for the first time in about four years. My family had no idea I was coming, but I was sure they would be glad to see me.

I walked up to the front door, and gave it a knock, and to my surprise my entire family was there. My parents; my brother; my grandparents; my aunts and my uncles. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. My entire family had come to see me. I decided to visit with them for a while and then take them all out to dinner. They asked so many questions about my job, and I felt terrible that I had to lie to them about it. I told them that my job was great and that I was having a lot of fun doing it.

<PAUSE>

Gunny ;)

My comment would to NOT make it in first person narrative. A third person, semi-omniscient perspective would allow you to get into the minds of all the team members, not just recount the story/thoughts/feelings of just one. It also allows for dramatic effect like the reader knowing of an ambush that the team currently isn't aware of. Stuff like that.