3 reserve places

im not quite sure how these 3 reserve places 4 GC members work. i know that if there are 24 people on server u get redirected, but if u did get on and u were 24th person and then a GC member joins u get redirected even tho your playing. i dont understand y that happens? b/c thats y the reserve places r there to let GC members get on server.

It happens because when #25 joins, the servers has to bring the number back down to 24. If #25 is a GC, it hunts you down.

24 is the max players, basically. The 3 slots are there for people to connect to. With Source, the connection time increased dramatically, so while Joe Pub is holding the reserved slot, it's not available. Acid is correct, I didn't feel any GC member should get a message that the server was full, so with more reserves, the chances of this are much less.

So, say there are 24 people ( no gc's ) on the server. THen Fatty, acid, and another gc join, since there are three reserves, would anyone get kicked off??

So, say there are 21 people playing, and three GC's are in there. can three more GC's join in?

So, say there are 24 people ( no gc's ) on the server. THen Fatty, acid, and another gc join, since there are three reserves, would anyone get kicked off??

yes, three people would get kicked off to allow for the GC players. The max number of players playing in the server is 24

So, say there are 21 people playing, and three GC's are in there. can three more GC's join in?

Yes, it will keep kicking non-gc until the server is totally full of gc players. After that happens we need to buy more servers.