BF2

Lunk

Where do you get more ammo?

From supply crates (dropped in via your commander, if you have one.)

Or from The supply class. they can refill your ammo stocks completely.

This makes it difficult to just 'camp' an area.. your supplies are always limited in the game. Also if you reload with half a clip, you blow the rest of it away.

Also, can you guys give me a basic run-down on overall flow of game?

Sure, the name of the game is massive assault - 2 teams that fight for control of an area, starting areas are non-takable, but every other area usually is. When in control of an area, you generate tics. Both teams start out with a pre-set number of tics, these are generically can be assumed to be 'resources' the first team to reach 0 resources looses the match

Therefore the more locations in your control the more likely you will win. The idea of the game is to take control of every area possible.

The 'areas' themselves produce vehicles, and serve as a 'Spawn' point to get back into the game, they also, of course, produce ticks extending the life of your team.

Aside from that, there are a few trump cards - Each team may assign someone the role of a commander, the commander can order delivers, assign orders to squad leaders, and order airstrikes. There are also squad leaders, which serve as a Mobile-Spawn point for everyone in the squad to fight with. It's also worth noting that certain buildings are also destroyable.

For someone who is new to the series, the game is kinda complex and takes a few hours to really adjust too. I'm just touching the surface here :)

This game is pretty freakin cool! I never knew one map could keep me entertained for so long! The guns are great, and will be even better once the upgrades start coming. I can't wait to see a .50 cal sniper rifle knocking people down. The helicopters do actually go down fairly easily now, which is a big plus over BF:V. I still feel that small arms fire should be able to take down a heli, if not even a low flying jet, pretty easily as well. But I guess that would make it harder on the pilots... :erm:

Overall the game seems pretty balanced. Team play is an absolute must! I haven't really learned the squad system, but it seems pretty cool. I like how they actually have a set spawn for each team that is not capturable. Being able to repair destroyed structers is pretty cool too.

Overall I must say, I may have to find a way to pick this one up. It runs pretty nicely even on my slightly outdated machine. :freak:

(edited)

It took me a few round to realize that whatever team your on the enemy is always red.. Im used to the red/blue team deal and shooting blue when im red..

Oh but I did figure out the squad thing and its cool.. You spawn where ever your squad is at!!! I kept spawning on a tank's top gun..

Edited by Batman

Heh. I had to remind some guy what team he was on. We were MEC, and he kept blowing up our artillery. Then I would have to run over and freaking fix it again. He finally killed me in his attempt to destroy it and realized what was going on. :bang:

The red/blue thing really threw me off too. But I guess it makes more since to have hostiles as being red at all times.

I love the bullet delay when sniping! You fire on someone half way across the map and a second or 2 later it says you killed them.

The medic class being able to revive is pretty neat as well. Kind of disorients you when you are 2 seconds away from respawn and you just pop back into the game. :erm:

I really will be interested to see how well the stat keeping goes and what all you can earn from getting points for different classes. I noticed I was getting engineering points while fixing the above mentioned artillery. I can also see people joining servers just to gain points by doing the above mentioned as well... Kind of like the Warcraft3 DoD servers with the flag capturing parties. :freak3:

How do you use the explosive charges? :unsure:

I was trying to blow up the other teams command center and I couldn't get my c4 explosives to blow up.

Regulard click to deploy a charge, then right-click to switch to the detonater.. regular click to blow them up. be extra careful.

Regulard click to deploy a charge, then right-click to switch to the detonater.. regular click to blow them up. be extra careful.

Be extra careful? :biglaugha: I caught a MEC guy trying to repair their artillery, so I quickly tossed 2 charges right at the base. He noticed what I was doing and stood up, pulled out his gun to shoot me. Natural instinct took over! I wasn't going to be shot by this lowly engineer. So I blew him, the artillery, and myself up before he could get a shot off. :lol2::biglaugha::lol2:

This isn't the only time I have suicided to get a kill, and prevent the other guy from killing me. It's a usual tactic I rely on.

We need to find a server and all jump on it sometime. That way we can form our own squad.

Oh, and watch out for that giant crane. Airplanes can't fly through it! :smiling2::smiling2:

haha what I did yesterday was drive my tank up to their base, get out, place 2 charges on the back side. Waited for a MEC to hop in the tank, then BOOM!

Was very fun, Ive been shooting tons of planes down, but how in the heck do you get them up in the air? I can't seem to do anything but crash them on take off.

haha what I did yesterday was drive my tank up to their base, get out, place 2 charges on the back side. Waited for a MEC to hop in the tank, then BOOM!

Was very fun, Ive been shooting tons of planes down, but how in the heck do you get them up in the air? I can't seem to do anything but crash them on take off.

LOL on 1942 I used to put a bunch of exe packs in the back seat of a jeep and drive to an enemy base/tank and dive out and hit the button..

There are a couple of servers floating around with all the weapons unlocked, i got a chance to try the Spec Ops unlockable - its very powerful. and the 50 cal sniper rifle is very, very mean.

(edited)
i can sort of snipe witht he us sniper but the MEC sniper at long range i cant hit an THING :[ any tips? any one figure it out...lol

Aim a little higher then what your shooting at and its semiauto, so use it like an autosniper. :D

I've been scouring the internet to find out how to unlock the weapons but have come up empty handed so far.

I've found out how to remove the single player time limit and how to add more bots. But the weapons continue to elude me.

To use the artillary your have to be a commander. Open the map by hitting enter, click the "squad" button to the top left and double right click on the map. It will put you into commander mode. At the top left theres different buttons, one of them is artillary. Click it and click somewhere on the map. I think you can also right click directly on the map and select artillary from the list. Also when your in game and not at the map you can hit T (i think or maybe its Y) to open the commander menu, from this menu you can directly order things and they will go where your mouse pointer is.

Edit: I found out how to get the locked weeapons. EA has begun taking down servers that have them unlocked. They have really dropped the ball there.

Edited by VooDooPC