vac 2 myths

shep48

VAC Myths

There are some things people often blame or think is true about VAC. Most are false. Below are facts, not Myths ...

Winamp or HLamp (a plugin for winamp) DO NOT get you banned.

Using buy scripts, or any other cfg file script will NOT get you banned.

Custom skins, sounds, etc. WILL NOT get you banned. However some custom skin packs also have cheats installed. Be VERY careful about what you are installing before you install it.

Microsoft Windows Service Patch 2 won't get you banned.

VAC does NOT scan your hard drive

VAC does not exist to make Valve money, but rather because players said they wanted Valve to do something about cheaters.

People on servers or server admins can't get you banned on all VAC enabled servers.

Modified versions of maps (clear walls, etc.) do NOT get you banned. If you can connect to a server with a map, it's fine.

The "AKS WARRIOR" friendslist phenomenon was not responsible for any "false bans" either, it was merely a DB problem

Modified versions of maps (clear walls, etc.) do NOT get you banned. If you can connect to a server with a map, it's fine.

How do you modify a map without getting the error "Your map differs from the servers", i wonder?

i have seen that too cowboy, i think i know where you are talkin about also. prob not a good idea to post it anyways, but yea, they have screenshots of the different textures and so on. i always say....if you arent any good without em, your gonna suck even more when you cant use em. :peace: