BF2 server request

Kenger

Well...server is silky smooth with good pings. We had 4 on for around 30 minutes or so I would say. Voodoo, Fish, Whudat, and myself. Problem was the map size with only the 4 of us.

Fatty, server setup is all fairly simple as I set one up on my works LAN. All commands are done through the black and white console (assuming you setup rcon for yourself) with the exception of setting up the original profile. That includes server name, intro welcome, and others basics. There should have been a text file to refer to. Thanks for the trial, I only wish there were more players and/or smaller maps. It MAY catch on though!!

Voodo can fly a pretty mean helo I must say. :wiggle2: When I found there were amphibios (sp.) vehicles I was surprised as well. :D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was pretty fun. I joined around 9:00 and Fish joined around 9:30 or so. We flew some planes, killed eachother a bit. Then towards 10:00 i saw Scubadan join but he never entered the game, perhaps he got sick of waiting to connect. Then at about 10:00 Whudats joined up and it was 2vs1 against me. Then Brew came in a little after 10 and we had a 2vs2 match on a 64 person map. :)

I'd like to think i am an average helicopter pilot, besides the time i ran into the side of the building trying to pick Brew up. Lets never speak of that. :D The hardest part is trying to stay steady in the air hovering over the ground. Fish got me while i was in a helicopter and he was hovering in one of the vertical take off jets. :)

My brother though, hes a mean helicopter pilot! He can dodge missiles, loopty doo, 360, ollie off the bench, fly under bridges and kill people while doing it all.

All in all it was good fun. It was alot of running around becuase the large map and it seemed to be ring around the rosey, they'd capture a flag then we'd run over and recap it, they cap another flag we'd run over and try to recap that one. But this would be easily fixed on a 16 player map. 16 player maps have 3 to 4 flags, 64 player maps have about 10+.

I hope to see more people in our next get together.

btw, i put all the maps in the list and set it to 30 players.

Let me know what changes you want.

I'll have to look into how to get you gc admins admin in there....seems it's built in?

Admin is sort of built in as it wil auto kick players that tk to much and other rules that can be set. . Yes, run punkbuster though I think we are sitting on a big patch coming out soon.

Won't be able to get back on till back from weekend plans. Till Monday..

Hey Fatty - Can you set the player size/map size to small (16 players)? I think that would be better for our trial purposes. Unless we start getting a bunch of people in there, anything bigger is too big and ends up like VooDoo said...

I don't know how the admin works.

I won't be able to get in again until this evening areound 6:30 or so. Anybody going to join me?

:boing:

Hi

Ive been playing BF2 since the day it came out and I suggest getting the updated version of PB for the server as I think it might be the wrong version after joining tonight and also if you can make it ranked people will fill it as soon as its open guaranteed. Ranked servers are always full since the day it came out. I got on there tonight and it pinged good. I also suggest 32 players. 32 because the maps are designed to be for 16/32/64.Some servers seem to have problems with huge maps and 64 players. 32 will run great and have good wars. I only play ranked servers cause you can unlock weapons and get stats etc. Fun stuff.

16 players is too small I believe. The 32 or 64 player servers are the funnest I think.

If you guys see me on there my name is St3d4nk0. Im lance corporal right now omw to corporal and my second unlock. Ive unlocked the special forces g36c. Its pretty nice.

Ohh yea Global unlocks are cool...

Edited by Sgt.St3d4nk0

No its not ranked. I was checking into it last night and apparantly only EA and some other game server providers have the right to sell ranked servers. EA was way to expensive. Or at least I thought. Servers were from $5-8 per slot.

BF2 is my game of choice right now. It just brings more to the table and more complex than playing CS.

If we got a ranked server I Would be interested in being an admin for the server as I play everyday. And I would pitch in another $50 for helping get the server!

Did any one else show up?

Unfortunately I didn't make it - something came up at home...

Yeah, most of the ranked servers go for around $6 per slot...very expensive, depending on how long a period that $6/slot covers. If EA is the only entity that can run or lease ranked servers, then that is pretty lame in my opinion.

It's still a blast to play though...so much fun.

Ok, lemme do the math....

6 x 30 x 12 = $2160 / year. Take off stedanko's pledge and we're down to $2110 to raise. We have a ways to go. :freak:

Too bad there's a monopoly on it. I don't see a ranked server coming to a gc server near you.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep it please!! didnt see this until now...maybe an email to community letting them know a BF2 server is out would be good.

looks at clock...rubs hands thinking of things to do tonight b4 I can play....mmmm