BF2 server request

Kenger

I am not sure how to really ask this, but i was wondering if the members of .gc would put up like a vote or something about getting a battlefield 2 server. I have played on your guys' counter-strike servers when i get a chance and i enjoy the atmosphere you all have provided there. I am willing to help you guys out like 50 dollars every 3 or 6 months? Not sure how that will work but u can shoot me an im or private msg about it. I'm just really looking for a server where i can play regularly without getting hassled and cussed at when i drive the dunebuggy off the bridge or crash the helicopter into the power lines :bang:

thanks guys.

-kenger

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's plenty of demo servers out there. find one of those.

just cover your ears. you'll be ok.

<checks shep's gear, and anti-public punk spray, etc...and sends him on his way>

Setting up the server for the demo may be a pretty good idea. That way more GC members can try the game if they do not already own the retail version. It may give a better gauge as to what interest there is around the community.

Problem is I already uninstalled the demo....and I am at work. I will glady hop onto the server later tonight if it is still up.

(edited)

It sure does ping nicely.

Edit: Though my opinion means nothing. Too me it makes more sense to have a small server. If 8 people in the community play it and theres a 32 person server. What are the chances anyone would see eachother if we were all on at once? And i highly doubt we'd all manage to be on at once so it would be something like 2 people out of 32 people being community members. It would be just like playing on some random pub server. If it was a 16 person server the battles would be much close quarters and we'd see eachother with no problems. Also if we got quite a few community members on, even something like 4 members are on thats 1/4th of the server. 4 people you can chill with, drive around in a jeep without worrying about hitting trees or flying a helicopter and not worry about being called a newb becuase you crashed into the side of a silo. Last but not least with a smaller server it would be much easier to admin. Take one of the current CSS servers, take out all but 4 community members and add 28 TKing, swearing it up e-thugs. Thats what i imagine it being like.

Edit2: Less people means less lag too. :smiling2:

Just my honest and worthless opinion! :peace:

Edited by VooDooPC

VooDoo you make a good point about the size. A smaller map would be easier to admin and would have more of a community feel. The only disappointing thing about the smaller maps is the limitation on vehicles - no planes, fewer helicopters, etc. - and that's one of the very fun things about the game (although I can't fly them to save my life).

If you see me in a helicopter or jet, don't get in... :shrug03:

By the way, if we still have it going (Fatty) I'll be on the GC BF2 server tryout tonight at about 10pm Eastern.

Anybody else? (Beside you, Brew...) :wiggle2:

Hey, if someone can tell me how to change things, I will gladly reduce it. That's totaly default.

I can't see anything even remotely similar to a server.cfg. I'll have to put m0m on it or something.

I don't know how running a server works with a seperate box and such but they a have a BF2ServerLauncher.exe in the Battlefield 2 folder. From there you can create server profiles and change settings, maps, ect, and click "start" to start the dedicated server.