bad news

chewychee

No worries.. He will scrounge hard. Otherwise he gets the :bang:

What board you need? I have a DVD-ROM you can use.

If I remember you have a SFF and will need for an RMA. I can and will assemble a P4 with FSB800. As long as nothing else got fried.

You aint getting out easy! :D:D

Go buy the same board, then swap and return.. Thats what I usually do.. Heck, I took my 300bps modem on my C=64 and swapped the insides with a 600bps when it came out and returned it.. Needless to say they didnt use the same housing when they came out with the 1200bps modem.. :)

Go the honest route. Besides, I worked as a tech at a Gateway Country for awhile, and don't think we couldn't tell when there was storm damage to a computer. The blown chips and char marks were pretty much a dead giveaway. :yellowbiggrinsqr:

On a side note, my APC UPS has a $10,000 guarantee against power surge damage (spikes, lightning strikes, etc). Maybe yours does too...

hey guys! got 400 put together already gonna order tomarrow probably 2day everything!! brew dont worrie i'm going even if i have to use fattys pc!!! ;) and brew get my # from phril and call me! $24 a day to rent a car!!! and thats with insurance so we can red line it, and close the doors with the yellow post at gas pumps, crash it, drive it in to the river, pick up illegal aliens and let them have the car!!

$400?? Did you buy a whole new system? Good news to hear though for sure! Phril has given me no $$ so far. Is it for the room? You know..I am coming to see you at work to figure this out. I know we spoke last night but after the ball game and ingesting the equivelant of a beer truck the details are slightly fuzzy....

Bartenders...the cause of and solution to all my problems!!!! :D

Sweeet! I hate to see posting in your "bad news" thread...always makes we kinda worry. :erm:

So you got the replacement motherboard already and it works? If so then great..we are good to go!!

Just need to come see you on Sunday so we can figure out the car rental and finalize some details. 8 DAYS!! :boing:

I am not even worried ma' man. I told you I have an extra board for you to use if need be.

It is an Intel D865GBF. Specs are here: http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/bf/index.htm

Not top of the line but as long as you have your CPU, GPU, RAM, HDD, and sound (it does have onboard sound)...you are more than welcome to borrow it. I even have a DVD-ROM at your disposal. Let me know..and if it gets to crunch time I will start the teardown. You will still have a lot of fun ahead with Windows and other apps to install.

i have a mother board that i am going to give to fatty to give out for another gift to give out. so maybe you can but it from me first before i give it away. its an amd xp up to a 3200+ if that is what you need. let me know