Team Stacking

(edited)
Which makes me ask, why the heck are we still talking about this?  GC and handful of regulars routinely switch to balance things out, sometimes to the point of over-balance as we saw last night on lost temple.  No one should always have to pick the "hard side", we're here to have fun.  Pick whatever you want for all I care, just switch it up if it's out of control.

I couldn't agree more.

That being said, I always auto-join. After I find that I might be of some use to the other side, I switch. I don't know of many GC that refuse to move around to make the teams even. We (the collective GC and regs), do the best that we can in order to make each round even.

What I have found is, the team that works together, wins. You can have one of (or even some of) the best players on the easy side, yet still lose if the other team is making plans and following them. My suggestion is, the next time you find your team struggling, start making plans, or following those that are made. A collective group simply performs better than a group just running around.

The real hard part is getting everyone to listen. That is what we should be talking about. :peace:

Edited by duma

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shrop - what actually happened last night was that the teams were stacked in favor of CT to the point of 7-0.  Why was it stacked from the beginning?  Who knows, that was the first time I have ever had the chance to play CT on that map and I auto'd to it (this is part of the reason I disagree with "good" players having to always take "the hard team" - why should they never get a chance to play both sides and switch if it's stacked) (ps. brillow - ct is the easy side on cobble on scopless) Anyway, back to the story:  About half of us tried to switch to the other team and as a result it was 13-10 T advantage.  The result was 10 straight wins for T to end the map 10-7 T (reverse stacking in my book!).

Which makes me ask, why the heck are we still talking about this?  GC and handful of regulars routinely switch to balance things out, sometimes to the point of over-balance as we saw last night on lost temple.  No one should always have to pick the "hard side", we're here to have fun.  Pick whatever you want for all I care, just switch it up if it's out of control.

This thread and all of the bashing and whining that have gone with it should just end.

Now let's move on to the topic of reverse stacking and why we all hate it!

LT

I love turnarounds, especially when I'm the cause of it! :biglaugha: