Team Stacking

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Voodoo, with that 6 person shot, I only see two regulars, you and Blah, good luck getting random people to unstack teams.

Can we get some screen shots of 8 to 9 and 9 to 7 and so on? There are plenty of times where stacking doesn't happen and we have been balancing the teams.

There was an admin there about 5 minutes before i took that screenshot. They probably should have balanced the teams.

I don't have any screens that are 8 and 9 or 9 to 7 becuase it rarely happens when i am playing. When i play all the teamstackers seem to suddenly come out of the woodwork.

Too true.  ...and all of those shots are of the Ts losing on Dust2...  ...the majority of the times I play Dust2, it might as well be a T blowout...  The stacking isn't as bad in those screens as it could be (at least among regs playing on the server).

The first one is on Dust. 10vs12. 3 GC in the Top 5 of the CT players (all of which are regs).

Show me worse.

Then after that go get some random pubbers on Dust2 and show me how you blow out Clue and Hang. And of course make the teams unbalanced in their favor.

Sorry I thought those were just pics of voodoo getting owned...

I could have just as easily joined the other team and showed you pictures of my fake 1337 skill...

Edited by VooDooPC

1) Whoopings are going to happen, be it skill, easy side, or dumb luck. Expecting it to never happen is unrealistic.

2) Admins are not...repeat, are NOT going to swap people around. What we are going to do is ask to people to keep the teams even (numeically). We enforce how poeple act on the server, not how they play or what team they play on. This goes for regs and members as well.

3) We have blowouts and skunk rules to move the game along.

I join the hard side of maps about 85-90% of the time. On dust2, I go CT for that reason. Probably one of the reasons why the admin that ...left...5 mintues before you took the screenshot didn't take action. If I run office on CT side I'll take it all the way to 7-0 every time.

When i play all the teamstackers seem to suddenly come out of the woodwork

This happens to everyone....suck it up marine. :wiggle2:

Well, the dust problem has been solved in primetime, because it has been removed from the rotation and replaced with losttemple :)

But yes, the stacking does still get annoying, i send messages constantly, and always join the hard side, and move if its too dominant.

Please, all scopeless players, dont use the autojoin cop out, join the hard side, we can move over if neccesary.

Clue.

ty for the replacement, its been so nice without it. however, stacking still continues.... im not sayin anything against the players about whos the best and so on, but if you tend to usually be arnd the top on maps... you should be on the harder team. also, if the scores get to be 5-0 or something like that, number one killers....do some changin arnd to make it fun for everyone!! especially GC members.... we want ppl to enjoy themselves in our servers and keep coming back.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another take on the stacking issue:

There are some m4 whores out there.

... and AK whores and ...

Some people are ALWAYS picking a particular side (CT or T), regardless of which is the "hard" or "easy" side of the map.

Presumably, this is because of weapon choice, or style of play choice.

One player whos stats I was recetnly looking at, had only carried the bomb like 12 times! But this same person had many dozens of defuse attempts! Also, there were huge disparities in kills and deaths by particular weapon.

Anecdotally I can say that autoassign (which i use exclusively) puts me on T seven out of 10 times. Perhaps because... wait... CT fills up faster than T.

end 2cents.

P.S. The following may have been pointed out before... but some of you say "I always switch sides whent things are lop-sided". And this is true. I've asked people to move occassionally, and some of the better players are very responsive, and deserve thanks.

BUT... Don't think that it is ok to stack, get your kills (go 15-2) and then swtich over and bat .500 for the last 5 rounds and smile cuz you went 20-7 and got a fat 2.0+K:D and didn't hurt your stats while still being a "good guy".

Can't really say that anyone does that. I don't know what's going on in peoples head while they play. But... that practice would be, in my opinion, no better than blatently stacking.

Respectfully

SS

Edited by Shropshire Slasher

I may like getting 2+:1 k:d ratio on the harder sides of the maps then switching over to help out, but  I'm not out for k:d ratio...if I do well then so be it.  I'll still pick the harder sides of the map almost every time.

and believe me, ppl such as myself appreciate it.

(read ppl such as myself who are looking to have fair, competetive games, but aren't good enough to individually push a game one side or the other).

And plz, everyone, don't read my comments as "he is talking about me". That's absolutely not the case.

Rather, we need to be clear about what behaviors are symptomatic of the problem, so people can police themselves when joining/switching teams.

And plz, everyone, don't read my comments as "he is talking about me".  That's absolutely not the case.

Knew this...you just read it as "He's talking about me and thought I was talking about him" So I knew you were talking about me talking about you not talking about me...

I need to lay off the caffinee.

:freak:

And plz, everyone, don't read my comments as "he is talking about me".  That's absolutely not the case.

#1 I think that people should be reading these posts saying "hes talking about me", if everyone thinks that this post is about someone else, then whats the point of this post?

#2 I totally disagree about the statwhores thing. These stats are totally unrepresentative of a players true ability, I cant even be bothered to check them anymore as pyschostats were much better.

(Take Sim651 forexample, one of the best players on the server yet I'm ranked higher than him???, same with players like m2 and zester, I'm ranked higher than them although they outskill me - taken from server 1)

#3 Whats the point in this topic, its getting us no where. All the people who have replied to this topic are against stacking and try and make the teams fairer. Its the people who arn't on the forums much/ havent read this topic that are the problem.

#4 As dem_apples said at the start of this whole topic, all we're doing is venting :D

Sorry for the negativeness, but I tried hard trying to correct this on a UK server when I was banned from gc, and it was a total waste of time.

On the positive - Voodoo, I dont see you much on the server, nor do I see stacking that much, but instead of relying on an admin to sort things out, take it into your own hands. I dont know what you do, but stop hitting f5 and start punching in some sentances demanding people to swap teams. It does work, I've cleaned up the server a few times in the morning without an admin by typing out messages.

Keep your head up :peace:

I'm not on as much as i used too, if i do its around 2 in the morning.

I don't rely on admins becuase i don't expect them do anything. I do ask people to switch teams. It does work 80% of the time. The other 20% is some nonregs that want to boast their fake score and spam "rank" or "statsme" every 30 seconds, even if it doesn't do anything. Another part of this 20% is people who say "I clicked autojoined". Clicking autojoin is not an excuse. It only puts you on the team thats losing or the team with less players. When a new map loads its 0-0 score it just back and forth, T, CT, T, CT, T... The game doesn't know or care whos better then who. Its YOUR job to look at the teams and join the right one. If you join a game and you see some uber l33t players on one team that are down one guy it will put you on their team. Your best bet would be to join the team thats losing and let the teams auto balance. If your going to help the losing team win you won't be the last player by the time it autobalances and if you are you aren't going to make much of an impact on the winning team.

For the other 80% of the time. Why should i have to ask? I only ask when its REALLY bad. If its 12 CTs against 9 Ts on Dust and the Ts are getting creamed, why should i even have to ask people to switch? Autoteam balance won't work very well either becuase it will take people from the bottom of the team. People who can't kill people on a stacked team won't be much help to the other team.

If i asked people to balance the teams every time i felt they were unbalanced you guys would ban me within a week.

Edited by VooDooPC

Aimbot, try the burst fire feature of the glock.  Much better.

Busrt fire feature? You mean manual, or is there a button I can push to turn that feature on?

The Glock has a burst-fire; same as the FAMAS (except still as weak as the Glock).

You know what, I was thinking of the colt. Sorry, I was aware of the glock's features.

(edited)

I tend to agree, there are certain maps that are a bit unbalanced and we do have some regulars/members that always pick the easy side on them. Maybe encrouraging them to start on the harder side would help? Or those players who know who they are should do it of their own accord. I dont really care what team I am on I use auto all the time, as long as we win 1 so i can get my scattergun :D

Edited by PYRO

The only time I can't stand being on the losing side is when there's no excuse for them to be losing --- be it no communication, no cooperation, everyone's camping, running around on their own, etc. because I do get frustrated, some of you may know, if I go below 1:1 ratio. But if they simply have worse players, I usually join the losing side, especially if I see the opportunity to turn it around to the winning side and go (usually) "Haha CTs!!"

Last night we had a good example of how .gc can be.

we rotated into Lost Temple at about 10:00 or so last night.

We all spawn and during the first round, I switched over to ct from T. I asked the people playing if they cared, as the score was 0-0 and I had been T on the previous map and wanted a change of pace. No one objected (or prolly cared for that matter), so I switched. (I was 0-1 at that point).

CT went on to win 5 straight :erm: and admin asked to switch things up (not sure who was typing the green letters)

A couple of us switched over to T, and the game ended 9-8 or something like that.

So... there you have it. What? well, i don't know... but it was a case of good active balancing, imho.

just another 2cents.

P.S. Plz don't think I'm implying that my switching teams is what changed the direction of the game. :freak3: Acutally, several people changed around at that point. Also, as everyone knows, when one side wins the first round, it sometimes take until the 3rd or 4th round for the money imbalance to work itself out. Rifles+Kevlar vs. pistol and a jock-strap isn't much of a contest if teams are evenish. :freak:

Shrop - what actually happened last night was that the teams were stacked in favor of CT to the point of 7-0. Why was it stacked from the beginning? Who knows, that was the first time I have ever had the chance to play CT on that map and I auto'd to it (this is part of the reason I disagree with "good" players having to always take "the hard team" - why should they never get a chance to play both sides and switch if it's stacked) (ps. brillow - ct is the easy side on cobble on scopless) Anyway, back to the story: About half of us tried to switch to the other team and as a result it was 13-10 T advantage. The result was 10 straight wins for T to end the map 10-7 T (reverse stacking in my book!).

Which makes me ask, why the heck are we still talking about this? GC and handful of regulars routinely switch to balance things out, sometimes to the point of over-balance as we saw last night on lost temple. No one should always have to pick the "hard side", we're here to have fun. Pick whatever you want for all I care, just switch it up if it's out of control.

This thread and all of the bashing and whining that have gone with it should just end.

Now let's move on to the topic of reverse stacking and why we all hate it!

LT