Play, Ping, Trace

Fatty

GC Founder

Man, I'm beat. Kid's are gonna have my donkey tomorrow.

Anyways, redirecting both of our servers to the above server for testing. Sickening how cheap that server is.

Everyone seemed happy tonight playing it.

If i knew how to give you a pingplot pic..i would. And will if someone is kind enough to share the info.

I really like this server!! My ping was around 8 to 11 and the choke went between 6 to 10 between firefights. It was 0/0 most of the time. Even while running at dust2 or Piranesi it was 0/0. Only is a face to face gunfight did it go to 0/6.

I left scopeless when I was spec. and had a choke of 50+.

To me. This server is fantastic!! The gameplay is very smooth. Feels like I am sitting on top of the server playing the game.

I give it 2 thumbs up. :):boing:

GC Founder

I guess I had forgotten what it meant to have shots register. I hit things i aimed at. I never really cared, but that was a different feeling. This could be very good.

(edited)

69136410bm.png

^100% packet loss is bad right?

6434119183xg.png

That new server is awesome! When I first played on GC servers back in Feb. my latency was around 30 all the time, now it's up to 80 :( ...but on 1.5 I'm back to 30 :boing::boing:

I was getting some choke spikes but I really didn't notice it effect anything and I maintained a constant loss of 0

Edited by anonymo

Playing on 1.5 last night was smooth. I didn't have near the choke that I get on our other servers. I had almost no loss for the entire time too. My choke was 0 most of the time and would only spike to maybe 15 tops in firefights. I didn't play with my rates yet so this was the same settings as our servers.

I'll get ping plots later today.

Well well well.. Did a few tests and found some intresting results.

1) I get around 30-50 ping lower on Stock #1.5 than on Stock #1

2) Choke was down, and I noticed a damatic change when loading nwe rounds. On Stock #1 i would get 50-60 choke at the start of a round, now it will only go up to 30. Overall the choke is down as well

3) Packloss is gone. I just played for about 10-15min on #1.5 and didnt notice a single lost packet.

#1 Picture is a ping plot of Stock #1

#2 Picture is a ping plot of Stock #1.5

I am sure you can notice the difference between the two. But if you cant here is the result. Csls 16 --- Mmmm 0 :biglaugha: Anways, you can see that there are less hops to #1.5 for me and also less "Highest ping" which is actaully from a server hop which now I thankfully dont go through to #1.5

post-942-1122763427_thumb.jpg

post-942-1122763434_thumb.jpg

(edited)

AAHAHAHA That problem ping I am having is located well.. just look for yourself. Keep in mind im in Buffalo, NY and the server is located in Chicago.. Man I love bad routing.

OrgName: Yipes Communications, Inc.

OrgID: YIPS

Address: 114 Sansome Street

City: San Francisco

StateProv: CA

PostalCode: 94104

NetRange: 209.120.128.0 - 209.120.255.255

CIDR: 209.120.128.0/17

NetName: YIPES-BLK4

NetHandle: NET-209-120-128-0-1

Parent: NET-209-0-0-0-0

NetType: Direct Allocation

NameServer: NS1.YIPES.COM

NameServer: NS2.YIPES.COM

Edited by Acid-Flux

GC Founder

I'm very surprised at the lack of feedback that we're receiving...from anyone and everyone, gc or community.

This is a major consideration here that would including removing ourselves from XGS.