Darn Canadians....@$%@

Fatty

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

I checked the site and it seems to be a mock of the official canadian gov site as I'm positive the Canadian gov isn't interested in making the tiny amount of money from the odd list of sponsors you have to click through to get to the actual site. I'll check into this and see if it's legit or not, if it isn't we might be able to get them shut down...which = ours!

Edit: pfft...checked who owns the domain, it's registered in chicago...this is just foul...I also realized that if this was an official site it would be gc.ca...no?

Edited by anonymo

Canadians Rejoice!!! We're safe from Fatty's wrath!

As you can see from the whois listing, gc.com is actually registered to an American! Somone from Chicago no less!

Fatty, the address is in the listing, just go look them up and ban them from gc.com :biglaugha:

Registrant:

Chicagoway

5125 N Claremont 1S

Chicago, Illinois 60625

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: GC.COM

Created on: 01-Dec-94

Expires on: 30-Nov-06

Last Updated on: 29-May-05

Administrative Contact:

Hostmaster, Chicagoway chicagoway@hotmail.com

Chicagoway

5125 N Claremont 1S

Chicago, Illinois 60625

United States

Technical Contact:

Hostmaster, Go Daddy dns@jomax.net

Go Daddy Software, Inc.

Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

United States

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS.HOSTONY.COM

DNS.HOSTONY.ORG

I offered him several hundred dollars last time....I'd probably pay a grand for that domain....it's so lean and nice.....

a grand for a domain, what makes it so special. Everyone just bookmarks the pages anyhow, hell my wife would kill me if I spent a grand on the internet.

GC Founder

honestly, that would probably be cheap for a two-letter domain that you could use.

the 2 letters make it special.

dunno, i've never bought a domain from someone else before.

GC Founder

not for a year or two....

...and I wouldn't now, cause I don't have the grand lying around...would hate to offer and then have him say ok.... But perhaps someday!

That domain is newly setup....but I could just ask him if he wants to sell I guess.

I offered him several hundred dollars last time....I'd probably pay a grand for that domain....it's so lean and nice.....

No,no. You're doing it all wrong. Presentation is everything. Deliver a case of LaBatt Bs first. Then throw the cash at him.

Remember, he's Canadian!

From CHigago, eh? Tell him you are a G-Man and that you are confiscating the web site. After that, a fire fight will ensue. It will be like one in the movies where it lasts 10 minutes and everyone runs out of bullets. Then, you will have to chase him on foot and that will last for another 10 minutes. Finally, when you caught up and both out of breath ou both say a few Oscar winning one-liners and Kevin Costner comes in with an Irish accent to save the day. The guy from Chigago gets booked and you get the website. Not to mention you put a dent in the mobs alcohol smuggling ring and help prohibition.