How many of you were affected by the worm?

Unclean

Bankers? Talk to them in terms of dollars and sense. If you don't keep the AV virus definition files up to date, a new worm could get in and steal your User DB, effectively compromising your whole clientele, costing them money, and costing you possibly millions in repaying damage and loss of future business.

When I had users...I typically scared them into action. Got to the point that ANY e-mail with an attachment, and they would contact me. Saved infection many times over.

Also tackleberry, the service pack status for W2k right now is SP4 with Security Roll Up 1. MS will not longer be coming out with SPs for W2k but instead will issue Security Roll Ups. This is usually what happens right before the stop support all together for a version.

Bankers?  Talk to them in terms of dollars and sense.  If you don't keep the AV virus definition files up to date, a new worm could get in and steal your User DB, effectively compromising your whole clientele, costing them money, and costing you possibly millions in repaying damage and loss of future business.

When I had users...I typically scared them into action.  Got to the point that ANY e-mail with an attachment, and they would contact me.  Saved infection many times over.

Also tackleberry, the service pack status for W2k right now is SP4 with Security Roll Up 1.  MS will not longer be coming out with SPs for W2k but instead will issue Security Roll Ups.  This is usually what happens right before the stop support all together for a version.

I think that may work. Ill give that a go too. :lol2:

If I recall, Microsoft went from a seven year product lifecycle to a ten year one after a big to-do about abandoning support for NT after announcements of the (repeated) delays of what would be (or possibly what had just become) Windows 2003 Server. We can expect that, since there haven't been any announcements, that Service Pack 4 will be the last service pack for 2000, and that they will be phasing out updates over the next few years.

Ah, found some links:

http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/origin...i966956,00.html

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/support/lifecycle/

Edited by appalachian_fox