Brillow's Looking for a new(er) Car

Brillow_Head

Full time job = more room for car payments.

Currently own:

94 Red Mustang V6

5-spd Manual

No power anything cept steering and driver seat.

Spoiler

Hub Caps!!!

She's old, showing her age, and sounds horrid with squeeks, grinding, and rattleing. Dents, dings, scratches, chips and fading paint.

Blue Booked at $580 trade-in value. The e-brake system and exhaust need work, needs a new belt, bike rack took a huge chunk of paint off the spoiler and trunklid. I've had the brakes and suspension replaced last year. nickel and dime city.

So, I'm looking around for new vehicles. My price ceiling is 14 grand; about 12k loan with a 2k down payment.

I really like the Mazda6. Its a sporty 4-door with an agressive look, clean lines, and good hp in an I4 engine when coupled with a 5-spd manual. The new one's MSRP at 19k. They've got a deal going now where they are giving 5k off the price so they can clear the lot for 06's models. Still, after taxes, title, liscence, and dealer fee's this is still out of my range by about 2 grand. So I may have to look for a used one.

Options I'd like.

Red, Blue, or Steel Gray

I4

5-spd Manual,

ABS (Standard anyway)

Keyless entry

17" Alloy Wheels,

Sport Grille,

Wing Spoiler

Milleage between 20 and 50k would be acceptable. In short, I'm in love with that car. Hope to be driving one in a few months.

(edited)

Brillow you and I are in the same boat, except Im about a 1 month step ahead of you. I recently graduated and got a full time job and it was time for a new car for me. My price is about the same as yours. I was looking at the Mazada6's, but I decided to go with a 2002 VR6 Jetta instead.

inline 6 - 200HPP

grey leather with wood trim

power everything

17in alloys

keyless

automatic - with tiptronic

monsoon sound - 8 speakers

which is somewhat comparable to the 6, but a in a smaller car

After my downpayment and truck trade-in and after taxes, I ended up with a 14k loan. which was more than I wanted, anywho, after I have driven this thing for 2 weeks I wish I would have got another truck. My advice to you is be sure your going to love what you go in debt for.

If possible I may sell this car and buy a less expensive truck, lower payments, lower insurance, and I'll be a happier customer

Edited by NOFX

actually my advice to you is dont go for something that nice (yet). Get something nicer than what you have now, but stay under 10k.

I dont know about you, but with paying 900 dollar rent, all all the bills, insurance and a 300 dollar car payment, that sucks up ALOT of my income.

I hear you NOFX, I'm going to test drive before I buy reguardless of what it is. I wont buy if my payments are over 255 a month. I also live in Brookings, SD which means my rent is 330 a month for a very nice comfortable appartment. My montly bills come to 515 a month total leaving me with 1500 extra to fool around with. I'll be helping my fiance to pay off her student loans a bit, insurance will go up $30 a month. So, I'm looking pretty to buy this car.

Another reason to buy new is that I'm going to keep it till it falls apart and since my stang took 10 years to start the nickle and dime then I'm betting something similar in this car.

I also have a jeep cherokee 4x4 you can buy from me lol

You think if I paint it red it will go faster?

Im with the Mazda 6 In red that would be a chick magnet unless you really think there attracted to guys who play Source all Day. Well then again times are changing wheres my BOOM STICK

Wolfie says shoot you later

Update:

The found the car I want with the options I want.

MSRP 20,480

Redbate: -2,000

New Grad: -500

Trade In: -500

Downpayment: -1000

Total Invoice: 16,480

Monthly Bills with.....are you ready....0.0% APR for 60 months = $274.00

On top of that if I buy before sept 5th then I get a 2 person, 5 day/ 4 night Bahama's Cruise to be used withing one year. We'd have to pay the dock tax...about $200 a person but that is a cheap cruise.

I think I'm going to go for it.

My Dad says that if I default on the loan (co-signer) that my "you know whats" are going to be hanging from his rear-view mirror.

Now I just have to sell it to the fiance....<crosses fingers>

holy crap dude, I am sooo jealous, a brand new car and a cruise trip, 0% APR!!! lower payments than me, I feel like I just got shafted... I'd go with this one man, good luck.

I think it's part of the Mazda On The Move special. I know the dealers are entitled to the 2000 rebate and the 1000 MAC (financing through mazda).

It think the 0% APR is a local thing through our dealer, the financing is through Wells Fargo if you've ever heard of them; its a common midwest bank chain. This means I dont get the 1000 MAC rebate, but heck, I save 6 grand by going with this option. They really want to get the 6's out so they can get the new years models in. The cruise...I have no idea on that. I've got to hound the dealer on that before I sign on the dotted line.

Speaking of which I should be signing the paperwork and be taking pics of the car for the web on Saturday. <Praying the paperwork moves fast>.

Looks like a good choice to me. I used to have a Ford Probe and have test driven a few later Probes, and I must say I've been very impressed with Mazda's I4 engines. IMO way better than their V6s. Now if only all the Ford parts hadn't broken...

--mookie

The I4 reviews petty good, they say that its fun to drive with enough power to feel like your in a sports car. The powerband is excellent above 4krmp but they do say its a bit sluggish in the midband...but most cars are sluggish in that range anyway cept the bigblocks.

I'll be happy with it either way. I wont be going down in HP, I'll probably get a bit more out of it than my heavyer stang. I'm pumped.

Welp 0% didn't work. So, I'm going 72 months, 298 a month and still get the cruise. After 2 or 3 years I'll refinance the loan for a lower intrest rate. They are even giving me a full grand for my trade in and I think I'm getting a rear wing spoiler included now. These guys want the sale bad.

(edited)

<puts Pavid's tail between my teeth and waits for him to reattempt a hijack.>

Welp, signed the paperwork today. Future Father-in-law co-signed the loan. 60 month, 297.13 a month, includes free oil-changes for the life of the car (Moble One Synthetic Blend Bulk), and 3M front end protectant coating thrown in the mix. All for 0% APR...and plus I get to keep my Mustang which I'm selling to my future F-I-L for 500 bones.

I'll pick up the car on Monday or Tuesday of this next week and I'll have pics up before the end of that day!!

Edited by Brillow_Head