Serenity

Xterminator

• 3 weeks later...

uumm...let's just say that it is so good, that waiting for the DVD is a discredit because the movie requires good sales in order for sequels to be made.

here's the thing. I am a fanboy of Firefly. So there is no humanly possible way I wouldn't like Serenity. But, even WITHOUT that, I have it on authority from those who aren't fanboys that Serenity is amazing.

If you like quick shallow movies with little plot, and no real acting...then Serenity might not be for you. But if you enjoy a movie that has something NEW every single time you see it...Serenity is exactly what you're looking for. Serenity goes ABOVE movie, and became art in my mind. The acting is SUPERB. The characters are so real it's frightening, and the plot...well...that was just normal I will admit. Nothing amazingly spectacular there.

I have seen it twice now and will see it again, and...well...I don't really know what else to say. Here, read Orson Scott Card's (sci-fi writer of all these books:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/002-8813389-8549617)

review:

http://www.hatrack.com/osc/reviews/everyth...-30-extra.shtml

I really enjoyed the movie.. Really high paced flic.. however (spoiler..dont read below if you dont want to know)

I was really upset about what happens to Wash. I guess I had a glimmer of hope that the show may come back in its original form..but it doesnt look like it :Disappointed_anim:

just back from it and loved it! now i did see the series first, but as stated above it stands just fine on it's own. the wife hadnt seen the series and wasnt very 'excited' about my selection of movie tonight...but when all was said and done she said she liked it and it was a good flick.

action and timely comedy...

2 thumbs up.

• 2 months later...

I agree with Yomamma...it could have been better.

still very entertaining.

Also, if you are a student of film then it's actually quite exceptional (especially with the DVD Commentary)...it's like an entertaining class on how to do a mixed genre film.

• 4 weeks later...