Work out routine

Sid

Ok so with school starting I find myself only have three solid days for working out. I used to run three days and switch everyother day to lifting with one day off all together.

But now I am going to be forced to do my running and lifting in the same day. What is better running before I lift. Or lift then go running. Suggestions anyone???

I generally lift before I run. I do this because my heart rate is already elevated before I do cardio so I get into burn mode faster than starting fresh.

If you really want to build muscle then I'd probably lift after the run, your system is more deprived at this point and your muscles will fatigue faster and rip easier. I'm no expert....BGB would probably be better at answering this but I thought Id give my opninion

Actually, if you're looking to bulk up, you need to focus on lifting ONLY. Muscles are built by necessity -- if your body is pushed past its limits, that's when the tearing/rebuilding process begins. But if you used up all of your energy with the cardio, you don't have as much energy left to lift weights, hence your bulking doesn't happen.

On the other hand, if you want to lose weight, cardio or cardio+weight lifting is your best choice. Of course, that's assuming you have a proper diet either way.