counter strike lan

Jiffy

granted this is more than likely the wrong place for it, but i couldnt find another more suited, more general than this.

I am currently at school at ISU, and seeing as i have this amazing conenction, i want to utilize it for the best gaming i can. Does anyone know a fix, or a way to allow me to set up a lan. everytime i try to the server goes up, everyone else has steam ticket error and is unable to connect.

it makes me sad. anyone help a long standing community member out?

<3 the creamy peanutbutter man.

I would sugest setting up the server on a different port. But then again, why a school would shut down port 27015 is beyond me.

Another thought that came to mind is the fact that im assuming that you and your friends played CS at home, but are now AT school on a different lan. Try

Try deleting your "client registry.blob" file.

Check this out

if you still have problems

Edited by Acid-Flux

rofl, no beer was spilled, atleast on the server. o gooters, u silly nub. the ports arent blocked because i can connect to outside internet games, using the same port.

i see the game on the lan but once i conenct it gives me steam ticket expired error. And i have all the correct ports open, it drives me insane, grumble grumble grumble. i will try what u said acid, hope it works.

ports blocked by your university?

Is it through the schools lan im assuming,

Id have to agree with Mossad. I tried setting up a server for TFC last year with laptops to play other players on different floors. Had the same problem. Theres were wireless and hardline. I asked the administrator of the network and he said those thing were specifically not allowed. If you have limewire or p2p it may not work either. He said those type of games were not school specific and "hogged" bandwidth. Might just have to let it go. Or if you all have cat45 cable and a few laptops you can setup your own seperate lan. I did this at Ft. Lewis after my return from Iraq. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...