War Craft III

All Kill3r

I just went to wal-mart and while buying a phone line i just had to buy it. Well i havent installed it yet or anything. If anyone has any help or pointers on what to do once im online let me know please.

*if you dont play then dont flame my thread please*

Kill3r

If theres one tip I can give is make sure that your heroes get their levels up. I played at a LAN with some friends (I'm not good at all) and they ripped our armies apart with some high level chain lightnings or something, we never realized to level up our heroes.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

Play the one player first striaght through. It is actually easy and it is a good story. And you learn how to use the races as well

There will be a little mark on your hero's icon in the upper left indicating that you need to level up. Then go to that hero and you should find a button in the lower right that says level up, after clicking that you get to choose what spell/aura to give him/her.

Play the one player first striaght through.  It is actually easy and it is a good story.  And you learn how to use the races as well

That's also a good idea, it's currently what I am doing now. Right now I am at the undead level where you have to protect the necromancer for 30 minutes while the humans attack you.

The only challenging levels are the last ones of the undead and night elf campaign. For playing campaigns just stick to your objective, because if you try and wander and beat everything, you'll quickly find that some things aren't meant to be beaten.

As for online playing, start off with humans or orcs, they're the simplest to control. 40 little units are better than 20 big ones, especially when you get Hero auras and support casters. Play the whole campaign before you try Battlenetting, it'll help out alot. Most people like Night Elvz; I'm an orc man myself, but just ask me if you need any help.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
If you can beat the comps, you can beat ALOT of people. The AI of that game cheats.  <_<

Very true - the AI is tough and takes a good amount of practice to take them out. The computers team up well and compliment eachother - that's the key to winning alongside advancing your heroes' levels. I've played a fair amount but I believe DJ knows more than me ;) I am familiar with the Night Elves and some with the Humans. Outside of that I don't know a ton of specifics, just the general knowledge you get from playing with and against those races. DJ and I play every now and then... and it doesn't hurt to get more people around and playing.

The only challenging levels are the last ones of the undead and night elf campaign. For playing campaigns just stick to your objective, because if you try and wander and beat everything, you'll quickly find that some things aren't meant to be beaten.

As for online playing, start off with humans or orcs, they're the simplest to control. 40 little units are better than 20 big ones, especially when you get Hero auras and support casters. Play the whole campaign before you try Battlenetting, it'll help out alot. Most people like Night Elvz; I'm an orc man myself, but just ask me if you need any help.

ha, i didnt play any single player at all just went on battle net and got hosed, talked to some guys and they helped me a bit.

Someone aim me and play with me NOW ! hrtlyrdfrd

I played a lot but stopped recently. It is important to become good at a certain race and get a good build order down. The faster you can get heros out gaining experience the more likely you are to win. Learn what defenses are good for certain monsters. For example the Frost Wyrms are great if the opponent doesnt make good defenses, but a few towers can take them out. Also take advantage of the fact that night elves are invisible at night. This proves to be great for storing troops near an enemy base without detection. Basically level up by winning. I suggest play 4 on 4 so you can learn from your teammates. They will call you a n00b at first but once you get a good build order down you will have it figured out. The problem with that game is that now people are so good at it that the learning curve is insane considering 95% people playing have played since the beta. I am currently level 7 i think. I suggest battlenet because the computer just cheats. If you pair up against the computer, it will go after the weaker player(its smart like that <_< ). IM me sometime if you want to play at skngwkbrdng.

awesome, yea ill definately try to play with you, i got a guy up to level 3 and one up to level 2 now. i starting to get the hang of it. Record 1:5 lol.

Seems as if i have 35 small guys i can wipe the other guys 10 big guys out unless they are really high level then i dont stand a chance.

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

Killer, I and most of the other zx2 guys play WC regularly.

I would defiantly suggest going through the single player game first.

This will give you a chance to learn about the hero's and their special abilities. Also you will learn about the individual troop abilities, and how to tech to diffrenent troops.

If you play online and your new to the game and do anything other then 1vs1, I personally think its rude. Your almost guarenteeng your side is gonna lose unless your allies are very proficient at the game.

but if you don't like single, by all means do 1vs1, just don't get discouraged when you lose alot.

some strats to level the hero is basically make sure you always upgrade ablities when your hero levels.

If you take your hero and possibly 4 other low level guys out to "creep" (meaning to kill NPC creatures) you can level him/her fairly quickly.

also killing your enemy levels hero, but getting your hero killed by enemy levels there's, so u must be careful.

to be honest, there is entirely to much to write....lol

gimme the name u use in WC3 and drop me aline on AIM next time you go to play, i'll do 2vs2 with you to help u learn.

SMoke

But all kidding aside, learn to use all races/heros/casters in single player first. Learn your hotkeys, the first minute of any map can make all the difference. Gotta learn when to expand, when to kill expansions. The first person to run out and get more resources doesn't always win, but golly gee! forget it. just IM me lol

What is the deal with levels, seems like i can get a Hero up to like level 3 or 4 and then when i log on again hes at level 1. I dont understand what you guys mean when you say that your level 9 or whatever......seems like my stuff gets reset everytime or i just dont understand yet...

I won 2 mathes today though :) Record 3:8

I play one the East USA thing....name All_Kill3r

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/war3-pla...ame=All_Kill3r#

Says there that im level three buy mut heros are level 1, im sad ;)