The Exorcism of Emily Rose

k-wix

This is one of the movies where i dont want to spoil anything because its actually one of the better horror movies we've had in awhile. But basically think courtroom drama mixed with small horror stories that really make you think and try to piece the events together and make sense of what exactly happened to the girl in question.

For anyone who's into mystery or supernatural or just plain scary stuff its a very fun trip.. possession is always fun and the actress playing the lead is *superb* .. some of the scenes are very dramatic and increadibly scare, but thankfully thats not all it is - theres a Solid plot here.. a story that goes along with it and the courtroom aspect adds a 'law&order' element.

Overall, i'd give this a 9/10 .. its one of the best horror movies released in awhile i think.. At its preface its a court trail where they explain the events and let you draw your own conclusions, even more so some of the events they show you are downright disturbing and quite scary, especially the last half of the film. A bit of courtroom + a bit of possession horror = awesome.. atleast thats the way in my book

Sometimes it can drag a bit, and the movie develops more-so around the story of *what the heck happened to this kid* .. as opposed to focusing on the personality of the characters.. so for some it might drag a little bit, but overall its a very satisfying experience - doubly so when you consider the lack of decent horror movies as of late.

• 3 months later...
(edited)

I just saw this on DVD last week.

Id give it 3.5/4 stars.

Its a neat movie because they leave it up to you to decide if she was possessed by a demon or was just suffering from a medical condition. Most of the movie takes place in a court room with a few 'horror' scenes as flashbacks. Overall, it's worth renting.

Edited by YoMamma

you know i did not really like this movie. I too watched it last night. I mean it was a good movie but not one i would ever put on my favorites list. Although i am pretty picky when it comes to good movies. I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars. The acting could have been a little better.