CS 1.6 Pics

mrX

Well, got 1.6 working, partially. Try to connect to a server and play and it keeps disconnecting. But it does let you start a server and test out the new stuff. Kinda neat interface.

If you can't get it to download all at one time, for some reason it doesn't work. If download is interrupted, delete the counterstrike folder under the cache and start again. Today it downloaded in about 30 mins. Faster than last nights 2 1/2 hours.

Some pics. They should load quickly, they're compressed. The guns are neat.

pic.jpg

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I finally got mine running this afternoon and able to join games. Games fill up quickly as I also know people who can't even get it working. Well a couple thoughts of mine. The console is nice as in when you start typing a command it spells out dif possibilities you can use. Great tool. New terrorist gun isn't bad at all. I think its a bit better than ak but thats my opinion. CT gun is stupid and worthless. They changed the buy menus around. Numbers don't buy the right things ne more so you have to get used to pressing new numbers. Hopefully they change it. New aztec is DISGUSTING. BRING BACK AZTEC B7 FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. New inferno is weird also. CHanges a couple strats around. Haven't even bothered trying new map yet. Prolly gunna play it for a week then realize its stupid and go back to the regulars. Uhh...I can't think of ne more right now. But not seeing whose dead freaks me out a lot. I hate that. NE way gl to all who try. Steam servers have been dying. Luckily I got mine yesterday =). GG all later

TeKNiK

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

Anybody know where i can dl the 1.6 beta? Links?

They removed 2 crucial boxes for CT on the new inferno....one to jump in that hallway from spawn ....and the one to jump up into the apartments....other than that inferno looks cool....but now the cts really have to move :)

And yes betas suck....why is everyone so gung ho for the beta anyways ....wait for the final and then freak out :)

Graphics aren't improved at all, maybe a little smoother but thats all. There is way too many German and Belgian servers out there, everytime I connect to one, I get in pinging 100s and say im from Ohio then BAM disconnected. You can check the score...it just doesn't tell you whos dead. Now you get 3 kills/points for defusing or bombing a target(trying to boost the objective). Thats kind of cool. The AWP/AWM now has reduced damage, so if you don't hit them in the chest or the head...it won't kill them. Now you can't die to an Armshot with awp. Oh well...just some thoughts...

if that's true about the awp then so much the better...good snipers will still be good but others (like me) won't be getting bs shots with it in the left big toe and killing ppl...

and I say the new aztec looks really cool...just think of it as a different map...

does anyone in the community have a permanent server up yet?

I'm gonna try to play tonight (without sound) from work....

I just wanted to point out what most people dont know bout 1.6. I played it and the Famas (new ct rifle) has a secondary "Burst Fire" mode similar to that of the glock. Its primary is "Automatic Fire." Also for the riot shield, the secondary function is to hide behind it and not be able to fire your pistol.